Costs around 50-70 pesos per meal. Price: Inexpensive more-less

selena
selena

Very good!

5 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

It's too bad that the other reviewers were disappointed, but my experience didn't match theirs. First of all, the restaurant doesn't claim to be vegan - it claims to be vegetarian. That being said, I asked the server if any of the food was made without eggs and milk and he pointed to quite a few things. In fact, the entire salad bar seemed to be vegan (it included a green salad, beets, a bean salad, a rice dish, and a few other salads) and a few of the mains were vegan too. Perhaps the restaurant has changed since the other people went.

When we went, it was a buffet-style arrangement. There were two options for food, the "economico," which included salads of your choice, a main, bread or tostadas, and a juice drink. The price was 38 pesos and was quite a generous portion that I couldn't quite finish. The other option was 10 pesos more (so 48) and also included soup and dessert.

We were happy, and the restaurant was very busy. Glad to see a vegetarian restaurant being so popular! The staff that helped me was patient with my stuttered Spanish and the person that I asked about vegan food was very kind.

Pros: Inexpensive, Variety, Generous portions
Vegan SF Guy
Vegan SF Guy

Alta Fibra "vegetarian" food in Guadalajara, MX.

3 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2011

Alta Fibra is very low priced, and there is quite a long line of people usually from 1-3pm.
They're closed on Sundays.

They are not really vegetarian, in my opinion, since many of their "guisados", or main dishes (guisado actually means stew) are often made with eggs or milk products. Only one or two people there can tell you which ones are truly vegan.
So if you are strict about no eggs or milk products, as I am, you need to "interview" the cashier or have him/her check with the kitchen.
Good location in the Centro Historico. Cheap prices.
They've been there for 25 years.
They sell veggie chorizo (dried) in packages just to the left of the cashier, and they also sell soy milk. The company is called Soya Pak.

Pros: low prices
Cons: hard to tell what is truly vegan there.
GabrielitoVegano
GabrielitoVegano

Dreadful service

2 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2010

Obviously the people here donnot understand the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan, and I guess they don{t even care. I asked if they had any vegan dishes, they said only one. It turns out that I got some cheese over my plate and the food also had butter. I asked to get another plate, since I had asked for no cheese on it. You could hear the lady screaming in the kitchen and they only took they cheese out and gave me the plate back. I drank the orange juice payed and left without eating anything. DON{T GO THERE NOT WORTH IT. wish i could give it a zero cow rating.

Pros: Vegetarian
Cons: Bad Service, NOT VEGAN FRIENDLY, People don{t care

Dear Owner and Manager of Alta Fibra: