Alpine Bakery

Bakery cafe making an extensive bread and baked goods selection. Serves lunch food (pizza without cheese, daily soup) with some raw food. Has a small retail area selling granola, yogurt, and hummus made from scratcc. Does not use egg. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Canadian, Bakery, Organic, Western, Take-out

First Review by trena irving
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Okay

3 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

I lived in the Yukon for 5 years and was vegan for 2 of those years and vegetarian the whole time and only visited Alpine Bakery a handful of times and purchased something twice. The prices were extremely high, even for being in the Yukon. I had a piece of raw cheesecake one time and that was good but nothing special for the cost and also had a vegan slice of pizza and it was again okay, nothing special. I think it is far more economical to make your own items but it's still nice Whitehorse has a place that offers vegan/vegetarian food.

Pros: Vegan items
Cons: Expensive
AlaskanVegan
AlaskanVegan

Yummmmmm!!!

5 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2013

My husband (omnivore) and I (vegan) traveled to Whitehorse recently and I had of course used Happy Cow to look up places I could eat while there. So we went to Alpine Bakery our first day there and then continued to eat there for every meal for the rest of the time we were in Whitehorse. The first time we both had their pizza (mine was vegan, his vegetarian), he likes veggies but is a bit of a picky eater, but their food was loved by both of us:) The second day I had fresh juice and a avocado sandwich (then bought 2 for the road) and he had a fresh cinnamon roll and a huge latte. The soup was also amazing and also huge. My husband also had some bread sticks that he loved. They also had a small selection of grocery items along with some of their homemade hummus in containers to go. They have bread made there and all of their sweets were vegan (I had a very delicious brownie). As usual with any trip I take one of the highlights is when I can actually find some great vegan food...especially kind of in the middle of nowhere:) Highly recommended...oh and their staff was friendly and helpful too!

Pros: Lots of great vegan food, Friendly people, Fresh juice
Cons: They don't have one in my town:), Only open until 6PM , Closed two days of the week
Cindy and Edward
Cindy and Edward

vegan oasis on the Alcan highway

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2010

Whole grain breads, Calzones, Pizza, soups, cookies, muffins, scones, "cheese sticks," cranberry smoothies, raw salads and deserts -- we loved everything we tried. The hiking bread is to die for. We always route through Whitehorse when the alpine is open to stock up with food for days on the road. But, their food is so delicious I wish they would open a branch in my home town. If you can't make it to the Yukon order one of there holiday fruit cakes on line. Everything is vegan and delicious!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Delicious, Organic and fair trade items
Cons: not open Sunday and Monday
trena irving
trena irving

alpine bakery in Whitehorse, Yukon

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

This eatery is vegan and run by a very environmental, health conscious family. They make delicious breads, veggie soups, veggie sushi and all kinds of baked goods such as cookies, samosas, pizzas and cakes. They also sell health food and yummy homemade chocolates. I enjoy eating at this restaurant and recommend it to anybody who craves good vegan home cooked food for a reasonable price. It is my favorite restaurant in Whitehorse, especially during the cold winter months when you can get a savory soup and bread lunch which warms your body and your tastebuds exquisitely.

Pros: excellent food, organic and fair trade, environmental

Dear Owner and Manager of Alpine Bakery: