Serves meat, veg options available. Chef is vegetarian and knows about veganism. Vegan options include starters, main dishes, desserts and drinks. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Non-veg
3 Rue Alsace Lorraine
Nice, France 06000

Open Mon-Sat Lunch/Dinner, Sun Lunch.

First Review by Hummingbird29
viviannenantel
viviannenantel

Friendly vegan restaurant and lovely owner

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

We loved Anoulak in Nice. It is hard to find vegan restaurant in France. The food was wonderful, and the owner such a lovely being! We will definitely go back and recommend it. Infinite blessings, Vivianne Nantel

Oliivi
Oliivi

The best restaurant i've been in France

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2014

I was in Nice with my parents and we happened to walk by this restaurant, and i remembered i had read that was a good place, so we went in. Only we didn't check the open hours on the door and the place was actually closed - but the chef was very friendly and said we could stay. What suprised me was that he knew about my diet: i must follow glutenfree diet because of celiac disease. Most people in southern Europe have never heard about that, but he had studied many years about it. So that was a nice suprise. I'm also a vegetarian and he made me a delicious, glutenfree vegetarian dish. My parent's were also happy with their meals even if they're not vegetarians.

Kryx
Kryx

Great Vegan Options From A Veg Chef

4 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

Great food for a good price. The chef is a quite talkative and cares to please his customers. He understands many allergies and diet choices.

Pros: Variety, Knowledgeable Chef

Flor1963
Flor1963

Wonderful Experience

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

Giving this restaurant 4 stars for the food and an extra star for the wonderful service! For college students, or anyone for that matter, who is traveling on a budget this place is a great find. Entree prices range from €9 - €15 along with there being options of selected pre-set multi course menus ranging from €13 - €24 depending on how many courses you want- really great value for money. Our group ordered veggie couscous, ratatouille, veggie tagine, and caviar d'aubergine - we were all gushing about how wonderful each dish was as soon as we took our first bites! This is also a great place for vegetarians/vegans as there are good number of really great options on the menu - we had a vegan with us who was very grateful to find a place with more than one option on the menu. The man who served us was simply delightful, he spoke English really well and overall just made the whole experience wonderful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Nice!

Daveggie
Daveggie

Amazing food by a wonderful host

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2013

I can not say enough good things about this restaurant and its owner. It was like he took us into his home and made a meal just for us. The meal was the best vegan meal we had since being in France (Paris & Lyon) and not only was the food exceptional, the warm atmosphere and welcoming we had from our host made us feel like he was very happy to serve us. The menu was separated into vegetarian (vegan) and meat dishes. The pricing was very modest compared to other restaurants in Nice and France. I had the Hummus starter and Ratatouille entree while my wife had the eggplant caviar with the Tajine entree. Both were more than exceptional. I can not say I have had a meal if this ilk ever before. We both devoured our meals and felt amazing afterwards. It was like being served a home cooked meal, very satisfying and filling without the heavy feeling of most restaurant food.

The owner was an amazing man who made the meal and evening a special time by being jovial, welcoming and charming. My wife insisted on giving him a big hug before we left. I must say I have never had a restaurant experience such as this before, in any country. If you are vegetarian/vegan, this is a must-do while in Nice!!
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 23, 2013

Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
AxelHeimer
AxelHeimer

Better than home cooking

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

I had a hard time finding a vegetarian restaurant in Nice and was pleaslantly surprised to find this little gem of a restaurant online. The meal was modestly priced but big on flavor.

All dishes are vegan unless you want meat added. The meat is prepared and cooked separatly from the vegetarian /vegan base of each dish. My wife and I shared four dishes, as well as the homemade ice cream. All were great and we'll certainly return on our next trip.

ALB
ALB

Great Vegan food and nothing too much trouble

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

The owner / chef is vegetarian and as a vegan he made me feel very welcome and reassured that my food would be handled and cooked separately from that of meat eaters. I went with someone who eats meat and it is nice that we could both eat our choice of food. The food is North African and delicious, the owner takes a real pride in his restaurant and it makes for a lovely relaxed visit. Nothing is too much trouble for him, and on both visits he brought extras that were not on the menu.

Pros: Caters for people with different diets, Lovely friendly service, Vegan food prepared away from meat etc
Saroona
Saroona

Perfect for Veggies and Non Veggies

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

Cosy Restaurant with a very welcoming chef who is a vegetarian himself. He fully understands the needs for us vegetarians, e.g. he prepares the veggie food completely seperate from the meat dishes.
Try his Hummus, its near perfection! Just tell him your dietary needs and follow his recommendations. You won't be disappointed!

Hummingbird29
Hummingbird29

S & G

4 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

My brother and i chose this place to eat because it catered to both our diets. I loved it that it was owned by a vegetarian chef and that he could cater to vegans. (which i am)
It was a low key place..no airs and graces just excellent service delivered by the owner himself....
He was super friendly and helpful... The food had a home cooked feel and the service was fantastic..At the end of our meals he made us a delicious house blend herbal tea...we hadn't ordered it...he just said here try this......it was piping hot, sweet and minty .a perfect way to end the meal. We left feeling really satisfied and well looked after. In fact he made us feel like we had been guests in his home.

Pros: Friendly service, clean and quiet, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Alounak Nice: