Whole food shop established in 1972. Stocking fresh organic fruit, vegetables, and wholefood groceries including chilled and frozen foods, vegetarian food, tofu, Asian cookery ingredients, non-dairy ice cream, and more. Delivery for local areas available. more-less

First Review by hack_man
Livinglost
Livinglost

Good to have somewhere to buy bits

3 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

This is the only place in York I have found that you can buy Tempeh and other bits and pieces that a vegan might want. So for that reason its great, it is a bit pricey but I think most independent organic wholefood shops will be. They do have a minimum spend on cards which I think might have been £10 (possibly £5) but it caught me out last time and also of the couple times I have been there the wait to be served has been insanely long, not due to being busy just an inefficient cashing up practise.

Pros: I can buy Tempeh here, Food bins - less packaging required
Cons: long waiting time
hack_man
hack_man

Found by Chance

3 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2008

Found this place by chance whilst trying to be clever in finding a short cut to Blake Head vegetarian cafe & book shop. Finding this place made up for it though. Well run local friendly wholefoods place that sells a great range of meat free goods, fruit and veg, frozen foods and breads. It's got a nice independent feel to the place. Long may that continue.

Pros: local, well stocked, cosy
Cons: bit pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Alligator Wholefoods: