Alla Vecchia Latteria Di Vi...

Ristorante vegetariano run by the Notari family for almost half a century. Very small and traditionally decorated. Direction: From Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral Sq) walk along via Torino and it's the 2nd street on the left. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Italian
Via Dell'Unione 6 (Via Torino, few minute walk from Cathedral Sq)
Milan, Italy 20123
+39-02-874401
Closed now

Mon-Sat 11:30am-4:30pm

First Review by Poundie
Liah.Ben
Liah.Ben

cool Place for vegetarians, not for vegans! expensive

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

I went to the restaurant with two vegetarian friends, that really enjoyed the cool shared dish! But when I asked for vegan options I was told that only the grilled vegetable or rice with spinach were vegan. So I had a small dish of rice for 10€ and was still hungry so I just eat more bread.
So cool Place for vegetarians, not for vegans, and I found it a little expensive.

Yoga Girl, London
Yoga Girl, London

Good food, great location, don't use the loo!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

Lovely traditional food with friendly service. Very popular and thereby cramped,but still a pleasant experience. The individual dishes are better than the sharing platters unless you have a big, hungry crowd (we saw a lot left).
Just don't use the loo in the yard at the back...

Sarayna
Sarayna

Amazing

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

Great place, very popular, has a vast choice normal italian dishes that happen to be vegetairian rather than lots of fake meat. Admittedly they didn't have half of the dishes available, but what we had (mixed plate of about 9 hot dishes to share between 2 for 30 euros) was delicious. Great service.

Pros: Delicious, Popular, good atmosphere, Showcasing veggies rather than fake meat
Cons: Lack of availability of some menu items

larryren
larryren

Seems to be fully vegetarian now

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2012

I've found this restaurant on a random walk around the Duomo area. The small room was completely full of locals/tourists and what they had on the table looked like vegetarian. I checked the menu and only noticed a few options with eggs, but the rest was at least lacto-vegetarian. Might need to double-check with Italians. I wanted to order two dishes and they kindly offered me like a "combo", so with smaller portions of each but much lower prices. The simple pasta with Pomodoro sauce was excellent.

Pros: Price, Pasta, Service
Cons: Not so many seats
Guest
Guest

GREAT Lunch spot

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

This place is simply great. The food is outstanding and the owner has a great personality. Don't even think about going across the street - this place is 10x better. The portions are huge - we ordered a simple sounding dish and got an entire plate full of delicious goodies. If you go with a group - order a larger plate for a group - they are unbelievable.

Pros: Food, Portions, Staff
Cons: Not open for dinner, little small inside
chikfender
chikfender

Not really veg

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2008

It is a small place in central Milan and you are lucky to find a seat a lunch time. But I never trust a veg place where they don't know what vegan is! Also they have fish here. I guess the place has been open for 50 years. The food was okay, but stuff I can find basically anywhere that you say no meat, no milk, etc. I am an American who speaks some Italian and I was with native Italians who helped translate - the staff was surprised that we asked about dishes without dairy. I suggest spending your time and money looking for a real vegetarian place where they at least know about vegans (also a good sign for vegetarians). You can find the dairy free pasta dishes almost anywhere if you ask, so I found this special trip pointless (and kind of expensive).

Pros: Central, Vegetarian options
Cons: Not a vegetarian restaurant, Don't speak any English, Unfamiliar with vegan diets
Joostee
Joostee

NOT VEGETARIAN!!!

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2007

A FISHY situation!
The food was delicious.
Unfortunately, we discovered AFTER lunch we had actually eaten TUNA in some of the courses.
This wasn't communicated anywhere, which we found somewhat UNFAIR for a restaurant advertising as vegetarian.
If you go there anyway, be sure to check beforehand what actually contains FISH!
Price about €20 per person as of Nov 2007.
Crowded at lunch - be prepared to share tables with others.

Pros: Taste, Variety
Cons: FISHY!, Crowded
Poundie
Poundie

Friendly service

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2007

A small, non-fancy, straight ahead place with very friendly service. Their is a large menu, the food is tasty, and a bit rich and oily. There are some vegan options, but not many -- note the word "Latteria" in the name: this place is mostly for lacto/ovo vegetarians. If you are in a big rush, you might also check out the natural juice bar across the street, or the "Jungle Juice" store on nearby on Via Dogana.

Pros: Friendly, tasty
Cons: rich, not vegan-oriented

Dear Owner and Manager of Alla Vecchia Latteria Di Via Unione: