Serves meat, veg options available. Retro 50's style atmosphere. Will make a dish vegan upon request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
44 Raymond Ave (Arlington area)
Poughkeepsie, New York 12603
845-485-1955

Open Mon-Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 10am-4:30pm, closed Sun.

First Review by Paulsandy

Little Gem

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

This is not a fancy place. It's teeny. And warm the day we were there. But it's inexpensive and wonderful. The owner is beyond friendly. He had two vegan soups and hubby and both were excellent. Don't eat the crackers served with the soup...the owner forgot there was butter in them but it's printed on the package. My husband had a grilled wrap that he loved. I had a panini that wasn't vegan by design but the owner made a sauce substitution that made it vegan and it was really, really tasty. There really weren't any dessert options for us but that was okay. We left full and satisfied and feeling like it had been a great value. The owner uses some organic ingredients when feasible.

Pros: Good food, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: Smallish, No vegan dessert options
  • MichelleatAllshookup MichelleatAllshookup

Hi, how are you? Thanks for the review, we really appreciate it. Next time you come in ask for the gluten free crackers; they don't have dairy in them and I do usually offer them to vegans; sorry you weren't given that option :( As for dessert, I do sometimes have vegan options...chocolate mousse, vegan ice cream, some baked goods. Sorry there were no options for you when you were in. Let me know when you are in again. Thanks again, Michelle

Great Place

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2012

This is a very nice little cafe type place that definetly makes their food from scratch, all homemade. They have wraps, burgers, soups, among other things, have a good Juicing menu as well. They have plenty of vegetarian and vegan dishes, and will gladly substitute what they can to suite your needs on other items on the menu as well. The Split Pea soup was awesome, my veggie burger was very good, and my girlfriend got one of the vegan wraps that she loved. We will definetly be going back soon. The prices are more than fair for the amount of work they put into the food, I was pleasantly suprised at how low the prices were. For some reason, it won't let me put 5 cows for a rating, but it deserves it.

Pros: Value, Friendly staff, menu
  • MichelleatAllshookup MichelleatAllshookup

Hi Paul and Sandy, Thanks for the great review. I didn't know it was here otherwise I would have responded sooner. Remind me of who you are next time you come in. Thanks again, Michelle

Dear Owner and Manager of All Shook Up: