Vegan bakery operating within Plant Studio, Monday through Saturday. Near Itaewon/Noksapyeong Stations - Line 6. more-less
Vegan, Bakery, American, Take-out
Plant 63-15 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu
Seoul, South Korea
070-4115-8388

First Review by hmscookie
iswarnn
iswarnn

I miss the food here more than is humanly possible

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2015

I've been meaning to write a review for Plant since I visited it in Seoul in November 2014. It was right next to my hostel and the food was INCREDIBLE. There are only three dishes on the menu (this may have changed since I was there) but all of them had so much flavour, I was raving about this place to my vegan friends back home and went there everyday to eat at least one meal. I would go back to Seoul just for this cafe! If you're in the Itaewon area make a visit, vegan or not. Plus it's not expensive at all. Hands down one of the best vegan cafes I've ever been to!

Pros: amazing food!! the cakes were so good, lovely staff :), nice cosy cafe
Cons: it's small but it's not a problem, just means you
DaniM
DaniM

Amazing!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2014

This small and homely eatery is very cozy and you feel warmly welcome as soon as you are entering! The staff is extraordinary friendly. You could sit there for hours without recognizing the time runs by.
The bakery goods are OUTSTANDING!

laurileho
laurileho

Hidden treasure

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2014

It took me forever to find this place, but god was it worth it. Affiliated with the vegan restaurant Plant, Alien's day out bakery serves cakes and meals, wich makes it difficult to resist.
To get there, you need to take line 6, station Itaewon, exit #4
Walk straight when you get outside. Turn left into an alley (now that's the tricky part, the alley is the one just before McDonal's, so when you come across McDo, turn around and turn right in the fist alley you see)
Walk down the little hill until you see a store called Juliet (can't miss it, it's right in front of you)
Turn left, walk straight until you see Greek on the go to your right (Greek restaurant), turn right into the alley and it's only a few minutes away. Usually, there's a sign with an arrow at that point. It's a small place, but people are extremely nice and speak perfect english!
If you are having trouble finding the place, there's an information kiosk in the subway station, on your way out. That's how I found it in the first place.
Order the burger, it's to die foorrrr ! :D

veggieisland
veggieisland

Yummmmmmm

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

I always stop when I am in Itaewon. My daughter and I love the cupcakes, brownies, cookies....well, all of it.

I especially love the carrot cake and brownie.

DanielRoehrig
DanielRoehrig

Great Cake

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

We had two pieces of cake and a muffin. All of them tasted great. So if you are in Seoul, got there! But be aware that it's closed on Mondays.

Pros: Taste, atmosphere, nice host
SamLarkin
SamLarkin

Excellent For Reminding Me Of My Mother's Baking

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

Having lived in South Korea, I had neither an oven, or my mom to cook her delicious vegan breads (especially chocolate zuccini, or bananna), and other vegan goods. This bakery compensated plenty for my mom's absence with it's wonderful baked variety.

VeganBiker
VeganBiker

Beautiful

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

Echoing another reviewer's sentiment, I can wholeheartedly proclaim that any visit to Itaewon without a stop at Plant would be utterly unfathomable. The food is absolutely perfect. Fresh, rich, and complex flavours define the savoury offerings from Yona's Kitchen, while dark, mature, and multifaceted creations from the bakery round out the palette. To describe the sensation upon completing a meal here as wholly satisfying would be a grave understatement.

The menu, ambience, and surroundings of this unique treasure of a cafe are reminiscent of that familiar little place dear to city-dwellers the world over. Natural decor, rough finish, and recycled jars for table ornaments make the place feel organic, honest, and warmly inviting. And did I mention they play such artists as Leonard Cohen and Nick Drake on the stereo?

Once again, a visit to this establishment should be a necessity for not just the vegan epicure, but any individual wishing to excite the palette and satisfy the soul.

Pros: Food, Sweets, Ambience
hmscookie
hmscookie

excellent!

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

Mipa (one of the owners of Plant) is a Korean vegan blogger. She has been such an asset to the vegan expat community. Visited her cafe a couple weeks ago and had a delicious salad and a cupcake. Anytime I go to itaewon in the future, I'll definitely be stopping in at Plant.

Pros: vegan baked goods , nice environment , delicious

Dear Owner and Manager of Alien's Day Out Bake Shop at Plant Studio: