CLOSED: Alice and Robert's

Restaurant and shop. Serves vegan dishes, gluten free dishes, use filtered water, and natural food disinfectant. Home like atmosphere. Health food store section includes vegan bakery, vegan ice cream, and organic vegan food imports. REPORTED SHUT DOWN IN SUMMER 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, International, Italian, Fast food, Take-out

• Cash only

First Review by angelinadad
Tranaya
Tranaya

My favorite place to eat in Panajachel

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2011

I go to Panajachel about once a week, and lunch at Alice and Robert's is always part of my trip. They gyro sandwich is amazing, as is the spicy tempeh sandwich. Alice always has yummy soups and desserts. Alice and Robert are committed to high quality vegan food at reasonable prices. If you're in the area, don't miss this place!

Pros: great food, great people
Cons: none
duende
duende

Awesome Food

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2011

I'm so glad to have a vegan restaurant of this caliber down here in Guatemala. The owners are so committed to creating the best vegan food possible and have kept their prices at a point that I'd have to call miraculous. I'm working my way through the menu and so far each dish has been a delight. No favorite at this point.

Pros: Sabor, limpio, simpatico
Cons: nada
firalphien
firalphien

The Vegetarian Insiders' Tip

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2011

Once upon a time there was an restaurant among a beautiful environment. I discovered in Panajchel. The first feeling, I have found a little paradise of dainties. And also of the twice look! Very nice staff, great range of dishes and drinks, and feel well furnishings. Please try the dönerkebap!!! The garlic souce is a dream!

Pros: spicy food, beautiful furnishings, alternativ
Cons: far away from where I live
angelinadad
angelinadad

outstanding vegan dishes

5 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2011

we got a unbelievable vegan kebab in pita bread. the garlic sauce was delicious. can not wait to get it again. the restaurant is very clean, beautiful and different to others.

Pros: homey, outstanding food, good value
Cons: none