Vegan cafe and bakery opened in early-2014. Makes cupcakes and many sweets. Serves some quick dishes, sandwiches, and even a few raw food items for lunch. Buffet style dinner and bakery goods in the evening. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, Western, Salad bar, Take-out, Bakery

spixveg
spixveg

lovely cakes makers

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2015

Great cakes and really friendly staff.

sglcklch
sglcklch

Second location of the other Alhambra

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

We went to the original Alhambra for dinner in the first place, but they were fully booked for the night. We were told to order there and come here for seats, which was fine as they were just around the corner from each other.

The difference between the two—as far as I could tell—was that location 1 served the pay-by-weight buffet while location 2 seemed to have some kind of a menu (on the wall in Italian only) with various dessert cakes on display. We didn't try the food here as we got ours from location 1, but they could very well be sharing the same kitchen anyway. We did order a slice of cake, though; it was a tough choice to make as they had more than a half dozen of varieties, all vegan. In the end we went for the almond cake, which tasted a bit dry and bland at first, then grew on us as we nibbled away.

There was only one server while we were there, who didn't speak much English but was very nice and friendly. While at location 1, the two women manning the buffet station often appeared to be a little abrupt.

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Dry cake
FrancescoVioli
FrancescoVioli

not good anymore!!! please do not go!

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2014

It used to be real good, but since the cook/host changed, the quality went downhill.

There's tons of other vegan spots in the city, skip this one.

romanvegetarian
romanvegetarian

not great anymore

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

There's tons of other vegan spots in the city, skip this one.

Swishyskirt
Swishyskirt

Wonderful place for dessert and tea!

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2014

After stuffing ourselves at Alhambra's restaurant (around the corner) we ducked in here to grab some dessert and tea. We ordered the tiramisu and a strawberry tart. Both were delicious, but honestly, everything looked delectable. The place has a homey feeling to it, large armchairs and comfy chairs abound, like a cozy living room.

Highly recommend!

Milkichops
Milkichops

BEST Vegan Joint in town yo!

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2014

Wow what more can I say then the title other then the next bunch of compliments.

My boyfriend and I are currently in Milan for fashion week. We've been to almost all the buffet style cafés now, and it is usually a bad experience for me in regards to flavour and price. This however could not have been better!

I came in at 6pm as they were closing to prepare for dinner at 7.30pm but was still offered a seat, when I found out they did the buffet at 7.30 as well as the bakery goods I rearranged my afternoon bakery trip into a dinner with friends.

Both my friends who came for dinner are not even vegetarian but they adored the food! The highlight was the complimentary plates of fresh homemade cinnamon bread that just kept coming offered with a hearty serving of an alternative take on a light fluffy hummus. My boyfriend came later as we were finishing our metals and ordered dinner also presented with a large complimentary bowl of tomato salad for the table.

At 19 euro a kilo it is the most reasonably priced buffet we've been to. We also ordered a cheesecake, senza zhuccero and senza gluten.

Everything is 100% vegan, presented to you by lovely staff that put positive energy and love into what they do for the customers!

Pros: everything!
unusualmagic
unusualmagic

an excellent break

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

here you can find delicious cakes, amazing tramezzini and also raw fresh spaghetti plus different kind of drinks. I advice this place to anybody who wants to have a good snack!

L_Almo_Clelarco
L_Almo_Clelarco

Delicious cakes, really nice place and kind owner

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

I've been to Alhambra café and found their cakes and cupcakes really wonderful.
Finally, a totally vegan bakery in Milano!
The owner is really friendly and attentive, and they just opened, but they seem to be experimenting a lot, including some raw alternatives.
Updated from previous review on Friday June 13, 2014

Pros: Friendly staff, Clean and neat place, Cupcakes!
Cons: None, up to now

Dear Owner and Manager of Alhambra Cafe: