Alexander's Great Falafel

Vegan food cart selling hummus and falafel, tabouli, & salad. Previously located on Ave and Kincaid St. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Fast food, Middle Eastern, Kosher, Take-out

First Review by Miriam
MarkUser
MarkUser

Best damn falaffel in town obviously

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

This place is great but the hours are horrible. If you're lucky enough to get there during the 3 1/2 hours he's open 4 days a week then you will get one helluva falafel. Prices are all 1$ too high but the sugar water makes up for it (I guess). Also the taboulleh should come stock with the falaffel.

Updated from previous review on Thursday April 07, 2011
I have to knock this place down to 2 cows. I haven't been able to eat here in over a year and a half because the damn thing is NEVER OPEN. Just stopped by at 1:30 on a wednesday during the middle of a busy school day.....closed. Sorry Alexander, you make the best falafel around but if I can't actually purchase it....
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 12, 2012

Hours are better these days, back to 4 cows.

Pros: Taste, Service
Cons: Hours, Price
kindlizard
kindlizard

best falafel anywhere

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2011

Alexander has been there for 15 years serving campus area the best falafel anywhere in the country. It comes w hot sauce, and can be had deluxe w hummus (great hummus). The quality has not lessened at all since I ate it the other day for the first time since I was on campus regularly. This is the BEST place to eat on or near campus.

His preparations are certified Kosher. The cart is all Vegan. You can tell it is no mix, it is authentic Middle Eastern (Israeli) falafel and hummus. I can't believe how much I missed it.

You also get a free lemonade w any food purchase, but that is from a mix, but you dont go there for the lemonade, though it can be nice to have something to wash it down, especially when you have it w a lot of hot sauce (real homemade hot sauce).

Try to get down there 11-4 M-F.
Update** This is my only 5cow food cart; by that I am not equating it w fine dining, but what he does is superlative, easily the best falafel anywhere. I have been revising all my review ratings and keeping fewer 5s, but this is wortwhile

Pros: best falafel anywhere, quality, all homemade, cost value/filling
veganroadrunner
veganroadrunner

Best Falafea in Town

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2010

Alexander's is an institution, and I hope it never goes away. he nourished me through my undergrad years at UO and later when I worked there. His falafal is amazing, and if you like hot n' spicy, ask for extra hot sauce (which is wonderfully flavorful). If there is a downside (and I'm stretching here to find one), it's that your pita is gonna be messy... but that's because it's going to be accompanied by the best tahini & hot sauce you will ever taste (or just tahini sauce, if you don't want it hot). Oh, and he's the nicest person you will ever meet. You can't go wrong here, and I just wish my schedule allowed me to take advantage of this treasure more often.

Pros: Top notch food, Excellent service, Great value

tressindar
tressindar

Best Vegan Falafel in town

5 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2010

Alex is an awesome person and his food is the best vegan middle eastern we have in town. Highly recommended. Excellent price too.

Green Bird
Green Bird

Wonderful

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2009

Alexanders is a must if you're anywhere near the U of O campus. Unfortunately I discovered it late in my school life but once I did I visited once every other week or more. Alexander is very nice and the food is delicious. I usually got the basic falafel which is three falafel balls in a pita with veggies and wonderful sauce. You can get hot sauce added too which I always did. It comes with a lemonade and I'd bring my travel mug and he'd fill it up for me.

They are messy and one day I happened to mention that the last falafel I had gotten was so messy it got all over my shirt sleeve. I was not complaining, just making conversation about how delicious they are but he gave me an upgraded falafel with hummus because he said he felt bad. Super nice guy.

If I ever pass back through Eugene during a week day, Alexanders will absolutely be a stop I make.

Pros: Local Company, Very Friendly, Delicious!
Cons: Week days only
Miriam
Miriam

Best falafels I've ever had

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2009

I have tried many a falafel in many different cities, but Alexanders falafel is still the best. and the family that owns it is ridiculously nice and friendly to their customers. I get cravings for these falafels all the time, they are so soo good. And everything is vegan!

Dear Owner and Manager of Alexander's Great Falafel: