Uses eco-friendly ingredients, some seasonal, from local farms. Thursday night special tapas night. Food tastings, brunch. Wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Spanish, Beer/Wine
Basses de Sant Pere, 10b (Plaza Sant Pere)
Barcelona, Spain 08003
+34-931269094

Open Mon-Fri 6pm-2am, Sat 2pm-2am, Sun 11am-2am.

First Review by Blueberries
Riotdontdiet
Riotdontdiet

Cosy place for beer and burgers

4 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

Cosy bar where you can also order vegan burgers and some tapas. I had a beetroot burger and I really liked it. Friendly staff who will also help you to choose a kind of beer.

Pros: friendly staff, good value
Cons: small place
Petesternz
Petesternz

Great beer - average burgers

3 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

As per the title of my review, this is a nice place with friendly servers that has absolutely delicious local beers. The burger I ate was average if I was being charitable. It filled me up, was the best I can say about it. By North American standards this was a well below average veggie burger. I had the soy, which didn't thrill me. Great beer though!

hack_man
hack_man

Crafty

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

Cracking craft beer pub that serves veg & vegan food - burgers, Quesadilles, snacks & dips - the main focus is the huge range of draught and bottled beers from all over the world. The food is positively OK, just what you really expect from a pub. It's freshly made and of a good standard. Sunday brunch looks good. I like beer and I like veggie food so I like Ale & Hop. Correction, I love beer actually!

Pros: beer, staff, Lovely location

Blueberries
Blueberries

Nice vegetarian pub

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

I have been here a couple of times and like that there is a new vegetarian pub in the city! They have good vegan options but the last time I was there they were not labelled. Also, the last time I was there they did not have menus for the table, which means that you have to go to the small, narrow, crowded entrance/bar area to read the blackboard and ask which options are vegan. The vegan options I have had have been burgers and falafel which were all very nice. I have been told that they have a nice selection of craft beers but can't vouch for that personally. I did once try to order a tonic water, which they didn't have, so my guess is that beer is their speciality (perhaps there's a clue in the name). The back part of the pub where the tables are is overly bright and doesn't lend to a cosy atmosphere. Despite these minor flaws I would recommend Ale & Hop, as anywhere that has good vegan food and vegan cupcakes is fine with me!

Pros: Good vegan options, vegan cupcakes
Cons: awkward menu layout, vegan options not listed, Not a cosy atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Ale and Hop: