A gelateria that also serves food. Owner will advise which items are without eggs. Selection of vegan flavors - ask. more-less
Santa Croce 1159, Calle Larga dei Bari
Venice, Italy
041 715211 ?

Open Mon-Sun 11am-11pm.

• Cash only

First Review by hokusai77
Phoegan12
Phoegan12

Romance at look,Love & first taste

5 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2012

Just had dinner & walked about 2 minutes & found my dream to have my first vegan gelato since becoming vegan - 4 years, surprised at how many vegan options there were pretty much 50/50 between non vegan & vegan- the vegan creations sounded way more exciting! Had a blackberry & cinammon both amazing! Heaven, hit the spot. Only bad thing is i didnt have another! Tomorrow going back to sit & eat then go back & try all the flavours! A must go to for everyone

Pros: Cheap , Creative creations, Tastebud heaven
Sprout
Sprout

Refreshing, inspired gelato flavors

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

We had a lot of vegan gelato while in Italy, but Alaska stands out as the most memorable and unique experience. The owner can point out the vegan options and knew that the cones were also vegan. I had a combo of rose, mint, and blackberry, but there were a number of other equally interesting vegan options (I had a taste of my partner's celery gelato and it was surprisingly good.) All three flavors were terrific, but the rose really stood out. The taste of the gelato is hard to describe, but the best I can do is to say that it tasted homemade in the best possible way, with fresh ingredients. It was really light and airy, too--very refreshing for a hot day. A must for any vegan (or non vegan looking for something different) in Venice.

Pros: vegan gelato , creative flavors, simply delicious
SnuggleBear
SnuggleBear

I read the reviews first, but...

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

But I was not prepared for my vegan Rose, Mint, Celery gelato cone! The one man cringed as I ordered it, but it was such a fresh tasting treat on a hot day involving a lot of walking. Excellent, creative options that you won't find anywhere else and not heavy like regular gelato. Friendly, helpful staff. Stop in!

Pros: Creative Flavors, Easy to Find
hokusai77
hokusai77

nice, inventive gelato

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2012

One of the best gelato in Italy, Mr Pistacchi, the owner, has explained to me that all vegan flavours are made separately from the dairy based ones. Vegan flavours are not clearly labelled, but you can simply ask and you'll have a large selection to choose from. The flavours are absolutely original and inventive, such as a surprising orange-arugula, cinnamon or spicy ginger, alongside more traditional ones based on fruit. The granitas are also very good and all vegan, and are served with basil leaves. Definitely a place to try!

Pros: inventive, original flavours, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Alaska Gelateria: