Serves meat, veg options available. Extensive menu of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. Many veg suitable items. Price: Moderate more-less
Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
630 Washington Rd
Mt Lebanon, Pennsylvania 15228
412-344-1111

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by verdandi
ke1iana
ke1iana

Lots of good veg and vegan options, average food

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

There are limited places in Pittsburgh with a menu that offers various options for vegan eaters. Aladdin's is nice for a casual night out where options are available without having to ask the waiter/chef for a special meal. I've been a few times and they've always been friendly. I would rate the food as average--I go there after a long day when I don't have any desire to cook, but I can't say I make a special occasion of it. The lentil soup was very watery, the mujdara had good flavors, and the jasmine rice was overcooked. Didn't taste very fresh either. If you're looking for a quick bite with varied options, it's a good place. But don't expect gourmet cuisine. I would love to see them scale back on the huge menu and work more on quality, not quantity.

Pros: Good vegan options., Friendly., Quick / Convenient.
Cons: Not very fresh., Average food.
Mikemotorbike
Mikemotorbike

Average Food but above-average v-friendliness

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2013

Hi! I've eaten here a few times since moving to Pittsburgh. I've had the falafel-hummous wrap, lentil soup, and vegggie chili. I tend to rate Lebanese/Mediterranean restaurants on their falafel. I think it's a good base-system.

With that said, this place is very average. I assumed it would be going into it, as there are multiple locations so they try to cater to as many folks as possible. When I moved here, I wanted nothing more than to find a place with falafel as good as where I last lived. Sadly, this is not the place. It's not bad, it's just nothing to write home about. It will fill you up and not make you feel blah.

But! There is one fantastic plus with this chain: the menu labeling! They label the items for you. And they list ingredients! Can't go wrong there.

So, as far as omni places in town go, this is a great option: consistent food you'd expect with a chain, fast service, modest prices, and service has always been good.

Pros: modest price, good food, quick service
verdandi
verdandi

Good place for dinner with non-veg friends/family

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2012

Awesome vegetarian/vegan options abound, while omnivores can take their pick of well-prepared entrees too.

Pros: Healthy, Friendly staff, Inexpensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Aladdin's Eatery: