Al Tarboush Deli

Serves meat, veg options available. Family owned and operated for 15 years. Traditional Lebanese - Middle Eastern Deli. Walk in, order at counter, take a seat (limited). Has vegan options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Deli, Non-veg
602 Westgate Ave (Delmar)
St Louis, Missouri 63130-4729
314-725-1944 ‎

Open Mon-Sat 11am-7pm, Sun 12:30-4pm.

First Review by jhawk
NitaReddy
NitaReddy

Agreed--best Falafel I've ever had!

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2013

Don't let the simple store front location fool you--you will not find Falafel this good any where close to Al Tarboush Deli! So light and fluffy, I've never had anything like it. Delicious! Also try the non-meat pies, really different and tasty.

Pros: Friendly family , Delicious food, Other great veg. options
Cons: Had to wait quite a while for food
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Best Falafel Ever

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2012

Al Tarboush is a staple at my home. Their falafel is honestly my favorite that I have had anywhere. The family that owns the restaurant is very friendly,the prices are very reasonable, it's located in a fun part of town, and the vegan selection is good. It's not a fancy place, but do have some tables for indoor seating, as well as a few tables outside when the weather is nice. We typically get the falafel, tabbouleh, and baba ghanoush, but I know they also sell hummus, fattoush, and I believe they often have a lentil and rice take-away option. They also have a shelf of grocery items, my husband and I purchase items such as tahini and halvah from Al Tarboush.
I strongly suggest eating at Al Tarboush if you are looking for an inexpensive Mediterranean meal in St. Louis.

Pros: Great Falafel, Friendly Service, Located in the Loop
jhawk
jhawk

Delicious Falafel

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2012

A vegan friend recommended this spot for the falafel pita wrap. I was getting tired of the usual vegan friendly Thai or Blueberry Hill meals in the University City Loop so I dropped in before seeing the Queens Of The Stone Age show at the Pageant last year. The deli space is small. Walk in, order at the counter and grab a seat if there is one. The two ladies behind the counter were very friendly and part of the family that owns the place. The falafel was fresh and tasty. Split the delicious garlic hummus/pita plate with a friend and we were both happy and did not spend more than 20 bucks between us. Want to try baba ganoush next trip.

Pros: Traditional , Friendly, Quick service from order to table
Cons: Small space, Limited Seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Al Tarboush Deli: