Akin's Natural Foods Market

First Review by veggiequeen
Robert C.
Robert C.
  • non-vegetarian

Yes, it's kinda commercial, but that's got perks..

4 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2007

We do the bulk of our shopping here. Yes, it's kinda commercial, but so what? I don't go shopping because I like the ambiance. They are well organized with a good selection, and they keep things in stock. We don't have to play the guessing game about whether or not they'll have what we want in stock. We just save a trip and go here first. Sometimes I really miss big city health food stores with their huge selection of good products and well-organized commercial atmosphere. This is as close as Springfield gets.

Pros: Healthful products, organized and consistent
veggiequeen
veggiequeen

Pricey - too commercial

2 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2007

Not impressed with this store at all. Before it was Akins, it was a nice locally owned store with great service. Now it's full of bothersome clerks who obviously make commissions. I won't shop there unless absolutely necessary.

Dear Owner and Manager of Akin's Natural Foods Market: