CLOSED: Ahan Chay

Small, family-owned restaurant. Menu is in Thai and only Thai spoken. Serves basic Thai food. Has hot noodle soups. Condiments provided on each table include chilli, rice vinegar, crushed peanuts, and soy sauce. Also sells some packaged food, like vegan instant noodles for 20-30B. March 2015 reported not here anymore. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai
184/ 2 Mittapub Road (near Tesco Lotus supermarket)
Nong Khai, Thailand

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by fire horse

Cheap and good

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

Spicy means spicy :-) Packaged foods, some that require preparation.

The street name is spelled Mittraphap Road and it's aka Highway 2. The restaurant is along the highway on the Assawan Hotel side, just past the entrance to the Assawan Shopping Complex car park heading away from town. If you exit the car park, look to the right for an faded sign at eye-level that says "Vegetarian Food" buried among some flowering plants. The restaurant is like a shack with some small outdoor tables.

Delicious meal

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2011

I went to this restaurant based on the listing on this website last month. I was so happy to see a variety of Chinese vegetarian dishes using vegetables, Tofu and mock meat.

Pros: Delicious, reasonable, easy to find
Cons: Language barrier
fire horse
fire horse

Great find.

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2010

Basic but very clean. No english but very friendly.

I found this place by accident, noticed the yellow flags out the front and the vegan instant noodles in the glass display case. I was thrilled when The owner nodded to 'Kin Jay' (strict vegan - no garlic or onion). She was really happy that I am veg*n and brought her family to meet me. I don't think they've ever had a foreigner in there before.

Noodle, tofu and veg soup and a drink came to $2- A huge bowl of soup and very tasty with fresh Thai basil and morning glory. I'm not sure what else is on the menu because the menu is in Thai. I got there in the late afternoon and could only see noodles to point to.

Near Tesco Lotus supermarket.

Pros: cheap, traditional Thai
Cons: A tuc tuc ride from the hotel area

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Ahan Chay: