Serves meat, veg options available. Serves hearty warming stews, including a vegan chili and vegan Greek potato stew, plus other dishes such as vegetable lasagna and risotto. Large selection of herbal teas and coffees. Mainly vegetarian food, with a few vegan options, one or two dishes contain meat. Vegan dishes clearly labelled. Warm, relaxed atmosphere. Previously named Laden Cafe. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, German, Western, Non-veg

PinsInMyNeedles
PinsInMyNeedles

Nice place in old town

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

This is a friendly cafe with lots of vegatarian dishes and a few vegan ones, both marked on the menu so it's easy to find something suitable for every taste.

Focused on fair products, which is a big pro!

Pros: Tasty dishes, vegan options marked on menu, mostly organic
Cons: only few vegan options
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Good location for tourists

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

We had a few hours in Dresden and luckily bumped into this place, as we were beginning to lose hope in finding anything we could eat near the tourist attractions. We didn't see any English menus (though perhaps they had them), however the vegan dishes were clearly labeled as "vegan" (about 6 of them). I took a chance and ordered the Kokoreispuree and my partner had a veg paella. I thought my food was amazing, with a delicious rich texture (my partner found his average). The staff were friendly and attentive. It was a bit pricey, but about what I'd expect for that area. The atmosphere inside was great, and they even had a neat little fair trade shop downstairs. I would definitely come here again on a future visit to Dresden.

Pros: clearly labeled vegan dishes, location
Cons: bit pricey
GretaMirabella
GretaMirabella

super cozy, creative kitchen, heartwarming place

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

We went to Dresden the first time in my life, and in the heart of the Old Town, we stumbled upon this super cute little cafe/fairtrade shop. Very nice sunny outside area with a fresh herb flowerpot on each table where we had a gorgeous supper. The cafe offers mostly vegetarian food but also a few meat options, and they have a small but highly recommendable vegan menu. We tried all vegan dishes in two days and they were all really good, big portions, and very fresh. Besides, they have a lot of interesting special local products like "Lenins Hemp Beer" and several fruit juices, cake aso. In the beautifully designed menu, the owner explains in simple honest words his view of organic production and says almost all of their stuff comes from local producers which work highly sustainable and creative.
The inside area looked really cute too, very colourful, and it smelled deliciously of food mixed with incense sticks and you felt at home immediately.
On top of all, there is a nice fairtrade shop in the basement with very friendly staff and a wide range of fair trade and organic food (also fresh bread) and a lot of other fairtade products. There are many fairtarde products sold in here which are also offered on the cafe's menu.

Finally, I have to admit that we came right back the next day with some friends and stayed for hours ;) If you come to Dresden, don't miss this super nice cafe.

Pros: friendly staff, very fresh organic food, super cozy
Cons: a bit expensive