Serves meat, veg options available. Serves hearty warming stews, including a vegan chili and vegan Greek potato stew, plus other dishes such as vegetable lasagna and risotto. Large selection of herbal teas and coffees. Mainly vegetarian food, with a few vegan options, one or two dishes contain meat. Vegan dishes clearly labelled. Warm, relaxed atmosphere. Previously named Laden Cafe. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, German, Western, Non-veg
Kreuzstrasse 7
Dresden, Germany 01067

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by GretaMirabella
mooshappycow
mooshappycow

Nice and friendly

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2015

We had a very nice breakfast here, fresh, and good value for money. Don.t forget to visit the shop downstairs to buy some "brotaufstrich", the vegan spreads.

Laudi
Laudi

Nice Place & Great Food

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2015

The place is located near the Old Town centre, so you can easily reach it by foot if you're on your regular sightseeing trip. :) The interior is very cozy and all vegan food is clearly labelled. Our choice was very delicious. The staff is friendly and when I visit Dresden again I am definitely going back to this place.

Pros: Vegan food clearly labelled, Cozy atmosphere, Friendly staff
kim2121
kim2121

Lackluster

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

My partner and I ended up eating at Aha Cafe after finding out that our first choice, Falscher Hase, was closed for the New Year holiday. My partner ordered the spinach lasagna and I ordered one of the specials - a rice dish coinciding with the restaurant's exhibit on Tanzania. He really liked his lasagna, but I was underwhelmed by my food. Bland and lacking any distinct flavor, it was as if the dish was made for sustenance alone, which was disappointing at that price. Even worse, the description in the menu clearly stated my rice dish would come with salad, but no salad ever came. After a while we asked the server, who told us the menu had a typo and the meal did not include salad. I would have loved to have known that before I ordered, as I would have ordered something else. I can't figure out why they didn't cross the salad off the description or at least tell me when I ordered.

Apart from the food, the service was also distant. We asked for the check and the server seemed to acknowledge she would get it, but she never returned to our table. After waiting 15-20 minutes we decided we should just go downstairs and pay at the register, where our server was standing around doing nothing. Perhaps they pay at the register at this restaurant normally? We wouldn't know either way, as our server never told us and never brought our check. She didn't seem interested in us, although she was clearly enthusiastic when someone who appeared to be her boyfriend arrived at the restaurant.

Overall, perhaps we just had a bad visit. Their fair trade efforts are a huge plus and the restaurant had a nice, relaxed atmosphere. My partner really did like his food, although I would not call this place inexpensive. The prices were standard for the area, which is at least moderate in price. I probably won't return when I'm in Dresden again - not because the restaurant was terrible but just because I think I can do better somewhere else. I tend to prefer food with big flavors, which does not appear to be on the menu at Aha Cafe.

Pros: Atmosphere, Fair Trade
Cons: Bland Food, Distant Service, Moderate Price

SeitanNotSatan
SeitanNotSatan

Excellent!

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2014

Had the "Satan Burger" and it was absolutely delicious, side salad had a really nice balsamic sauce. Great place :)

Pros: Cheap, Filling, Big Serves
PinsInMyNeedles
PinsInMyNeedles

Nice place in old town

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

This is a friendly cafe with lots of vegatarian dishes and a few vegan ones, both marked on the menu so it's easy to find something suitable for every taste.

Focused on fair products, which is a big pro!

Pros: Tasty dishes, vegan options marked on menu, mostly organic
Cons: only few vegan options
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Good location for tourists

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

We had a few hours in Dresden and luckily bumped into this place, as we were beginning to lose hope in finding anything we could eat near the tourist attractions. We didn't see any English menus (though perhaps they had them), however the vegan dishes were clearly labeled as "vegan" (about 6 of them). I took a chance and ordered the Kokoreispuree and my partner had a veg paella. I thought my food was amazing, with a delicious rich texture (my partner found his average). The staff were friendly and attentive. It was a bit pricey, but about what I'd expect for that area. The atmosphere inside was great, and they even had a neat little fair trade shop downstairs. I would definitely come here again on a future visit to Dresden.

Pros: clearly labeled vegan dishes, location
Cons: bit pricey
GretaMirabella
GretaMirabella

super cozy, creative kitchen, heartwarming place

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

We went to Dresden the first time in my life, and in the heart of the Old Town, we stumbled upon this super cute little cafe/fairtrade shop. Very nice sunny outside area with a fresh herb flowerpot on each table where we had a gorgeous supper. The cafe offers mostly vegetarian food but also a few meat options, and they have a small but highly recommendable vegan menu. We tried all vegan dishes in two days and they were all really good, big portions, and very fresh. Besides, they have a lot of interesting special local products like "Lenins Hemp Beer" and several fruit juices, cake aso. In the beautifully designed menu, the owner explains in simple honest words his view of organic production and says almost all of their stuff comes from local producers which work highly sustainable and creative.
The inside area looked really cute too, very colourful, and it smelled deliciously of food mixed with incense sticks and you felt at home immediately.
On top of all, there is a nice fairtrade shop in the basement with very friendly staff and a wide range of fair trade and organic food (also fresh bread) and a lot of other fairtade products. There are many fairtarde products sold in here which are also offered on the cafe's menu.

Finally, I have to admit that we came right back the next day with some friends and stayed for hours ;) If you come to Dresden, don't miss this super nice cafe.

Pros: friendly staff, very fresh organic food, super cozy
Cons: a bit expensive