Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food place around the corner from Professor Dahls Gate. Has vegetarian choices with dairy; vegans could request to omit cheese. There is a second branch at Thorvald Meyers gate 36B, 0555 Oslo, tel 2237-1609. Previously named Mucho Mas. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Holtegata 32
Oslo, Norway 0355
23201020

First Review by ostepop
emmakgj
emmakgj

Ask for things without cheese!

2 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

I've been to both the Mucho Mas restaurants (my experience at Bogstadvein was better) they serve meat and claim a wide variety of vegetarian options. They do however use cheese which contains rennet which is not vegetarian.

At the Mucho Mas in Grunnerlokka we were assured only the enchiladas contained jarlsberg (or similar tine cheese) and that the burritos were made with feta not jarlsberg, alsas they arrived with some very melty jarlsberg. These were sent back only to find my mainly veggie boyfriend who had ordered a mushroom enchilada had actually received a chicken enchilada. Not so pleasant when you have just stopped eating meat!

After a few back and forths with the kitchen a veggie friendly meal (and very tasty one) arrived and we also recieved a discount for the mixup.

In general I probably would go back but I would be very specific about my dietary requirements from the start and opt for no cheese just to be safe.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Tasty food
Cons: They're not totally sure what is veggie
cprisacariu
cprisacariu

Mexican food with vegetarian options

3 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2011

This restaurant has few menu options but each has the vegetarian option. It has nice atmosphere for a normal everyday restaurant to meet with your non-vegetarian friends (they have the meat option and you the vegetarian option; what the hack, they may even try the vegetarian option with you).

Prices are normal for Oslo standard. Staff is ok as in most Oslo restaurants. There are several places with MuchoMas in Oslo (one nice is in Grunerl√ɬłkka and one near Bogstadsveien, the fashion shopping street of Oslo).

Pros: vegetarian options, ok prices
Cons: just another restaurant
ostepop
ostepop

okay mexican food, but a bit boring.

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2010

I've been to Mucho Mas in Bogstadveien a couple of times, but I've never really been blown away. I've had the vegetarian quesedilla and the vegetarian burrito. You get a decent portion at a decent price (by Norwegian standards). The food isn't particularly spicy, and I found it a bit boring - I kept thinking that I could easily make this at home, cheaper and lots tastier. The first time I was there, the service truly sucked, but it had improved by the second time I was there.

Pros: Good selection for vegetarians/vegans, Big portions, Kind of inexpensive
Cons: Boring food, Poor service

Dear Owner and Manager of Agave: