Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant and cocktail lounge. In Ethiopian cuisine you will find vegan suitable spiced dishes made with vegetables, lentils, potatoes, and legumes. Price: Moderate more-less
Ethiopain, Eritrean, African, Take-out, Non-veg
Esslinger Str 22 (Charlotten Str)
Stuttgart, Germany 70182

Open Mon-Thur 11am-2pm, 5-11pm, Fri 11am-2pm, 5pm-1am, Sat 12pm-1am, Sun 12-11pm.

First Review by vegan_ryan
BrynnTrussell
BrynnTrussell

Lovely Cocktails and Food

4 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

It was lovely, I had my first cocktail in over a year, a pina colada and it was wonderful. I want another one now.

I shared the sampler plate for 2 with my friend and it was lovely. I really enjoyed the fresh grilled veggies that came out a bit later. Some of the other options tasted a bit too similar and it got to be a bit much and I'd rather a bit more veg than lentil, but it was all very good.

Pros: Great drinks, Sampler plate to share
Cons: not enough variety
TwoDans
TwoDans

Injera amazingness in Stuttgart

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

With one encouraging review on Happy Cow and window signage advertising vegan options, we thought that Adulis would be worth a try. And we are SO glad we did.

The menu has a vegetarian section with vegan options clearly marked. The two of us shared a vegan taster plate of vegan offerings with 6 injera for 29 euros (see photo). It was amazing. The injera was light and fluffy and the accompanying stews and curries varied and tasty including a dahl, okra, spinach and several others. We didn't want it to end.

Pros: super tasty Ethiopian vegan food
Cons: also serves meat
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Good food, pays to be vegetarian

3 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

This place offers mainly your standard Ethiopian food. It's also the first time I've been to an Ethiopian restaurant with a friend who eats meat, and you really benefit from ordering veggie food at this place.

For 14€, I got a huge amount of food on the vegetarian mixed plate (a little bit of everything from the vegetarian section of the menu). My friend ordered lamb, and he paid 15€ to get half the amount of food I had.

The food was really good, and I definitely got a good laugh out of the pricing for vegan vs meat at this restaurant.

All vegetarian menu items are clearly marked "vegan" on the menu and on the sign at the front door.

Pros: Large portions
Cons: Serves meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Adulis: