Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food and drinks. Menu is primarily meat stuff but states that you could request no meat or cheese, and substitute for brown rice or quinoa (extra charge). A couple items come with tofu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
1896 Curtner Ave
San Jose, California 95124
408-369-9905

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by rebecca.bguttadauro
moriamerri
moriamerri

vegan Mexican! Yeah

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2016

This is my first time here, I'm just so thrilled to find a Mexican place with more vegan choices than a bean burrito!

The vegan tostado is great but messy :)
The vegan taco is also great,. The tortilla used for the taco are not fried, it's a soft taco, with quinoa, yummy.

I love the casual scene here. The food is a little more money than some other places but I'll be coming back often and recommending this place!

Pros: vegan section on menu clearly marked, good food, fun casual atmosphere
Cons: a bit more money than some casual Mexican places
katlove
katlove

Yum! + All vegan menu

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2015

I'm always a bit skeptical of taquerias that don't have dedicated vegan or vegetarian items on the menu. Mexican food it notorious for using lard and animal stock in even the beans, rice, and tortillas. Thank god for places like this that have taken the time to ensure they have vegan items and put them on a dedicated vegan menu! There are 10 or so items on the vegan menu including fajitas, tamales, taquitos, tacos, salads. There is ample seating inside although it's a bit loud (customers are loud I think) but it also makes it cool in a way because it's casual. I would definitely eat here again. I found the staff to be friendly and the salsa, chips, guacamole tasty too.

Pros: Tasty, Quick, Vegan menu!
Cons: Not 100% vegan
Theveganwife
Theveganwife

Good vegan option

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2015

The vegan fajita plate was very good. Salsas were good, too.

Pros: large vegan menu

ametzowen86
ametzowen86

Poor service

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2015

I ordered a vegan burrito and they messed up my order. When I politely asked them to fix it, they had me speak to the manager who proceeded to argue with me in a very rude tone saying that the food was right and that I was wrong. I won't be going back.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 03, 2015

Pros: Vegan Menu
Cons: Rude Employees, Noisy, Dirty
macmantrl
macmantrl

Huge variety of authentic vegan Mexican dishes

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2015

It's nice to be able to go to an authentic Mexican taqueria and order from an all-vegan menu and not worry about what they might be adding to or cooking the food with.
The vegan selection here is HUGE and really top notch. I was impressed with all the food we ordered: fajitas, spanish rice, chips & salsa & guacamole, and tostadas.

I'm exited to go back and try more things on the menu.

Pros: authentic Mexican food, fast, large variety
rebecca.bguttadauro
rebecca.bguttadauro

All vegan menu

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

This place has a specific vegan menu, but I've tried several things off the menu and have been left unimpressed. I ordered their veggie burrito, which was HUGE but all the veggies were raw, I basically ate the tortilla. I had the potato enchiladas which weren't memorable either. I want good vegan Mexican food, unfortunately Adelita's doesn't really do it for me. But I'll probably try again as they have a more expansive vegan menu.

Pros: vegan menu
Cons: undercooked food

Dear Owner and Manager of Adelitas Taqueria: