Serves meat, veg options available. Slow food restaurant. Menu is around 50%+ vegetarian, and servers are aware of veg diets. No microwave used. Vegans could get the huevos rancheros and substitute eggs with sesame tofu. Has tempeh, white bean sandwich, pancakes, teas, soups, burritos, Senegalese veggies, vegan salads. Some local beer and wine. Romantic setting. Live acoustic music at dinner. 2014 moved from 934 Manitou Ave. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

I Wanted to Like it More

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

I really wanted to like Adams Mountain Cafe more than I did. It is such a fabulously charming restaurant with a warm and wonderful staff, but I found the food to be lacking.

To be fair, I am not only a vegan, but a gluten-free one at that, so my selections were severely limited. Our server was kind enough to help me navigate the menu, and I ended up choosing a tempe dish that was smothered in green chile sauce. I didn't like the taste at all. I found it to be bland and uninspired.

That said, the friend I was with tried it and thought it was good, so admittedly, it was just a matter of opinion. She's a vegetarian, and had a lot more choices and was very happy with her egg dish.

Given the overall atmosphere and the quality of their dishes, I would give them another try. There are also few choices in a small town like Manitou, so I applaud them for being accommodating.

I'm giving them 4 cows because my companion enjoyed my food, so I think it's possible I just ordered the wrong dish for me and so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. I've also heard good things from other vegan friends about this place.

Pros: Vegan options clearly marked, Friendly staff, Charming atmosphere
Cons: My food was bland, Limited vegan & gluten free options
HappyCowKeown
HappyCowKeown

Five Stars if I could for a non-veg!

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Fresh, vegetable-intense, slow-cooked, healthful food - a GREAT find.

We ordered Vegan-options take-out from here today and what a delicious surprise! The Senegalese Vegetables with tempeh nuggets was a spicy, nutty mouth-orgasm (not for kids who don't like spice). The Rice Noodles with spicy tofu (not too hot) included lots of greens and crunchy veg which tickled my taste buds. Then finally the Pozole verde which was deliciously 'New Mexico' in green chilli (mild) flavor. This was the kind of food that not only tastes good but makes you feel good in the knowledge that you have eaten all your essential nutrients for the day! YUM!
Looking forward to eating-in sometime. A must-try for those not opposed to a primarily non-veg restaurant.

The Eating Hippie
The Eating Hippie

Simply wonderful.

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2013

Adam's serves what is by far the best vegetarian/vegan food in the Pike's Peak region. Each dish is tasty, inspired, and nutritious, presented by servers who are knowledgeable about special dietary needs. Personal favorites include the Golden Coconut Curry, Vegetable Burrito, and Senegalese Vegetables. Mind you, the menu is constantly changing and the daily specials are fantastic, so be open to trying something new and unexpected!

Pros: Healthy and flavorful food, Friendly/knowledgeable staff, Beautiful location
Cons: Sometimes expensive, Slow service

victoire
victoire

Great restaurant, could improve vegan choices

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

I've been here three times, and it's one of my favorite restaurants in the Pikes Peak area. The staff clearly know a lot about the food and wine, and put quality first.
My first visit here, I had a delicious vegetable sandwich with a white bean spread that is sadly no long on the menu. The two other times I've been there I had the Thai Noodle Salad and the Rice Noodles with Spicy Tofu (which are very similar). Both times they were delicious. My friend and I "shared" the Crostini with Figs and Pears--we asked for the cheeses to be placed separately. However, the crackers also contain butter, which seems like an item that could be easily substituted to accommodate vegans! I know they change their menu regularly, so hopefully they can incorporate a wider variety of vegan options and/or substitutions.
For dessert, I had the apple crisp with a cashew-based faux "whip". On this last visit in particular, my friend and I stayed for a long dinner and were very well taken care of!
I wouldn't recommend this place for a quick bite, but for a high quality meal where every item is carefully thought out, it's fantastic!

Pros: High quality food, Knowledgable servers
Cons: Slower meal, Limited vegan substitutions
davidbeers
davidbeers

Best Vegetarian in the area

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2012

I've yet to try something from Adams Mountain Cafe that wasn't memorable, fresh and delicious. Great service and beautiful, artistic dining environment that complements and reflects the vibe of the community of Manitou Springs. Adam's doesn't make a big point of it, but their menu is all vegetarian by default with the option to add meat.

Pros: Fresh & healthy, Delicious, Great vibe
Cons: Parking can be a trick, Busy! Make a reservation
veganmeagan
veganmeagan

Great place

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2010

Adam's mountain Cafe is a great place to go for breakfast or dinner. They have quite a few vegetarian options, and some vegan ones as well. Most of the staff is fairly knowledgeable on the subjects, and are always willing to help. The have a vegan soup everyday, and they also have vegan salad dressing. The prices are a little higher than most restaurants, but the food is much better than others too! If you want to save a few bucks, then go for the lunch or breakfast menu which is usually half the price of the dinner one.

Pros: relaxing, veg/vegan choices, friendly staff
Cons: weird hours and days, higher prices
skip59030
skip59030

Great food and nice location

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2009

My wife and I truly enjoyed this restaurant! The food was fresh, delicious and plentiful. The service was very good and friendly even though they were very busy. The atmosphere was comfortable. Do not miss this place.

Pros: Food , Service, Atmosphere
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Adam's Mountain Cafe: