Vegan cuisine, in-house gluten-free bakery, bar and lounge, opened since May 2011. Breakfast is served on weekends. Located in a building built in the 1920s and features different seating arrangements including rooms, alcoves, nooks and crannies. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, American, Mexican, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Bakery
428 Chapala St (Haley)
Santa Barbara, California 93101
805-560-1348

Open Mon 5-9pm, Tue-Fri 11am-3pm, 5-9pm, Sat-Sun 9am-3pm, 5-9pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by OD
Alessandrina
Alessandrina

Good, but pricey. Interesting ambiance.

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

Even in Southern California, you're hard-pressed to find a 100% vegan AND gluten free restaurant, so Adama is a gem for that reason alone. That being said, the food is good, the servings are ample, but neither necessarily merit the high dinner price tags attached - the lunch prices are much more reasonable; lunch is definitely the way to go.
I'm usually pretty happy whenever there's even one gluten-free, vegan dessert option available, so seeing the dessert case full of items I could eat was super exciting. The desserts I've tried (pecan pie, cupcakes, 'oreos') are good. The one gelato I tried was mediocre at best; it could have been just that particular flavor. I'd still like to try some of the others.

Although it seems like it's trying to go for a fine-dining approach, the establishment itself is more cute and homey, which is by no means negative, just not reflective of those dinner-time fine dining prices.

I think the main glitch, if you will is the attitude of the some of staff when you walk in. It's awkward - usually friendly, not rude (that I've experienced), but at times almost inconvenienced. The first few times we visited was at lunch time. Each time we were immediately 'greeted' with, "Do you have a reservation?". As another reviewer mentioned, when we said no, it seemed ever so slightly as though we had done something wrong, but they then proceeded to immediately seat us at one of the 8+ empty tables available, all the while behaving as though they were squeezing us in. I should also note that each time we arrived around 1:30-2pm, near the end of the lunch service, and *maybe* one or two more tables came in after us.
I don't know if it has to do with them trying to maintain on a fine dining air, so they have to act like reservations are required at all times. Still, at present, they're friendlier than not, and the vegan, gluten free aspect is a huge, huge positive.

Pros: 100% Vegan AND Gluten Free, Good portions
Cons: Pricey, Staff can be hit or miss
Toroco
Toroco

Nice Choices And Presentation

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

The 2 appetizers were enough for an entire meal. The hot wings were great as we're the curried onion rings. The vegan ranch dip they were served with was much better than I make at home!
Out main courses were well presented and delicious.
The first gluten free beer I had was okay. The staff pointed me in the right direction for the second beer and it was much appreciated. They wouldn't let us leave without sampling some vegan Italian gelatin. All in all a nice experience.

Pros: Food, Staff , Atmosphere
Cons: Need To Discern The Gluten Free Alcohol Choices
isabeldivine
isabeldivine

Vegan!

3 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

Although this restaurant is pricey I'm so glad we have a vegan restaurant in Santa Barbara. The KFC is awesome, I've never had the real thing but I don't need to with Adama.

ehendrix6
ehendrix6

Pretty good food, but a little pricey

4 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

Fresh lemonade could definitely have had more lemons...but I have to give them credit for a great vegan / gluten free menu.

vegan herbivore
vegan herbivore

Enjoyed our dining experience very much

5 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2013

I dined with my daughter on a Monday evening. We were seated near a warm fireplace, and our server was particularly pleasant. I have read some of the reviews about the owner being rude and unpleasant. Indeed, we were told by our server that the "chef" does not make any changes to menu items, and we were encouraged to leave as closing time approached, even though this meant we would not be ordering dessert. However, my daughter and I did not personally experience any unpleasantness and, if anything, as mentioned, our server was particularly nice. The food was quite good; the menu selection broad; and it was all great! I recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Good food, Broad menu selection, Charming ambience
Cons: Expensive
Lindy Lee
Lindy Lee

Delicious Vegan Food

5 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2013

I had the "chicken" piccata served with spinach and garlic mashed potatoes and it was delicious. However, the best was dessert. The pecan pie with vanilla gelato (made from cashews) was to die for. It made me swoon.
It is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. I'll be back.

Pros: great food, good service, friendly staff
Cons: pricey, decor could use a makeover
VeganMarr
VeganMarr

Yummy meals & baked goods

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2013

The owner, Deanna, is very nice. There's so many interesting items, it's hard not to overeat. The menu is designed to be comfort food. The bakery has soooo many choices, plan to get more than 1 & share (or not;-) Finally, a vegan restaurant in Santa Barbara.

Pros: yummy , organic, lots of choices
Cons: expensive
HiPB
HiPB

Yum

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

Second time dining at Adama and my selection was as delicious as it was during my first visit. I had the club, which was large enough to share with another person and the meatball sub. Both sandwiches came with a small salad and both were wondeful.

Pros: many menu options, everything is vegan
Cons: slow kitchen
Docmartin9
Docmartin9

Amen

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

Good vegan restaurants are rare. Great gluten free vegan restaurants? This is the first I have seen. Soooo good! Can't wait to go back.

Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2013

Great food and great atmosphere at this little gem in Santa Barbara. I had the Enchiladas with Mole sauce & Quinoa- outstanding! I picked up a few deserts for the road as well. This place is very nice & clean & staff are friendly & knowledgeable. Check it out next time you're in SB.

Pros: Great Food, Unique building
Guest
Guest

Okay but Expensive

3 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2013

A decent find in Santa Barbara. Good atmosphere but pricey. Food didn't sit too well in my stomach afterwards, though.

pinkstephy
pinkstephy

Vegan Comfort Food

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

One of the only all Vegan menus in town.

Appeals to both vegans and non-veg eaters (like my hubby). If your looking for a Vegan option in Santa Barbara definitely come here for Lunch or Dinner.

only con - Although the restaurant is a Beautiful -Restaurant/Space feels too fancy for homey vibe of friendly staff, comfort food plates and locals who hang around.

* Think Adama would flourish +greatly benefit from moving into a new space.

Pros: vegan , good food
codewell
codewell

Food Ok, but spectacularly, democratically rude

2 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2013

We've been here dozens of times because the food is OK, although not great, but at least it's vegan! However, half the time the owner is unhappy with another diner and lets us know, and the other half of the time she's unhappy with us: sighing over water refills, snarking to the servers that we left only a 20% tip, or whatever else is her "beef" of the day. The worst is when she's picking at the guests in your dinner party; it's embarrassing if you suggested the restaurant. Of the 4 or 5 other veg-oriented folk we know in town, each has independently suffered the same barbs and has eventually given up on the place.

The experience is way too Dorian Grey, as her poison attitude ruins the dining ambience, and we can't overlook it any more. We need a more pleasant vegan restaurant in this town.

Pros: only serious vegan place in SB
Cons: rude, embarrassing, food is a bit bland
justineburt
justineburt

Recommended

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

It's so hard to eat well when traveling if you are a vegetarian trying to avoid wheat and gluten. Fortunately, I found Adama on Happy Cow last night when I was in Santa Barbara. Fresh squeezed orange juice followed by vegan mushroom soup then a salad was wonderful. The avocado, olives, sun-dried tomato, shredded carrots and pesto salad was served in three crispy cabbage "cups." Divine. I finished the meal with a chocolate cupcake. With tip my meal was $38. Way over my dinner per diem but totally worth it. Service was delightful and the rambling house in which the restaurant was located was adorable. Do not miss if you are a vegan visiting Santa Barbara.

rsthurston
rsthurston

• non-vegetarian

good place

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

I just stumbled onto Adama for lunch today and was so happy to find a really filling vegan meal (had the chipotle chicken panini) and on delicious, homemade gluten-free bread. I actually eat meat as well and am picky about vegan food...this definitely satisfied my hunger! And I'm super grateful to find an all gluten-free menu in Santa Barbara....hoping more places follow the trend of at least providing gluten-free options for those of us who can't have it. Very sweet place.

jamber79
jamber79

cozy place

4 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2013

My first impression wasn't great because we walked in on a week night for dinner and our greeting was "do you have a reservation?" when I replied no the lady seemed disappointed and thought for a minute, saying "well let me see what I can do". I felt like I had done something wrong instead of feeling they were grateful for my business. She then proceeded to seat us and of course there were about ten empty tables that stayed empty all night, so I didn't understand the reservations comment.
On to the food, the "AFC" was really good! I would love to go back sometime and get that again. The food seemed a little overpriced, but it was a nice place at least and had nice decor and seating arrangements.

jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

We came for breakfast and ordered lunch to go since we were traveling and their foot was so good. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. Our seat was next to a fireplace and it was nice and cozy. They had a great combination of comfort foods and healthy options. They had lots of good bakery items too. The food was great, definitely would drive out of our way to come here again.

Pros: food, great menu, friendly staff
CeeDee
CeeDee

Really amazing food, nice atmosphere!

5 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

Adama is a lovely restaurant oasis near downtown Santa Barbara. With its varied menu a guest can find different types of cuisine (from Mexican to soul food) which can satisfy almost every palate! The food is lovingly prepared with great attention to detail and the servers are friendly and helpful.

The atmosphere at the restaurant is relaxed and very chill. It is a great place to unwind after a long day at the beach or hiking in the hills around the city.

Adama focuses on organic ingredients and has a fun variety of different meat alternatives. Their food can be modified for gluten-free patrons and their bakery is gluten-free.

We had dinner there and had an awesome Southern-fried "chicken" with gravy and mashed potatoes. The greens (collard) and the coleslaw were incredibly delicious, as was the rest of the dish. We didn't have room for dessert!

Brunch was fabulous! It has been years since I have had challah french toast because it is an egg bread but at Adama they serve a wonderful vegan variety! Their "protein scramble" with daiya cheese and quinoa was off-the-charts!

At Adama, they care about the entire dining experience and it shows.

Pros: delicious variety, nice, helpful staff, gluten-free options
Cons: reservations encouraged
Ali-Con
Ali-Con

Pleasant road trip stop

3 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2012

This restaurant has a very nice atmosphere; many of the tables are in secluded alcoves. We ordered the fajitas, "KFC" fried chicken and a gluten-free chocolate cup cake. The KFC was amazing and tasted just like fried chicken. The cupcake was very good as well. However, the fajitas were very bland and this place was expensive with most meals $15-20. Overall, a decent place. But due to the high price and the inconsistent taste, we'd probably give another place a try next time we're driving through town.

Pros: atmosphere, menu, bakery
Cons: price, inconsistent taste
dancingvegan
dancingvegan

Exquisite setting and food

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2012

After walking up several steps and in through the front door, my eyes were feasting upon this very unique configuration of alcoves, private rooms and other seating arrangements.

A bakery case to your right was filled with all gluten free yummies. There should be a law that says if you go to this restaurant you HAVE to buy the mini blueberry pie - it is seriously sumptuous and you can eat some of it on the 101 freeway when you are in stop and go traffic trying to get back home!! haha!

I sat on the outside patio and was served by the manager; not only was she my server but she showed me around the place while I took some pictures.

I had the Protein Scramble which scrambled my tummy with happiness!!

I left my car there and walked to the beach!

This place feels like home to me and I do hope that you have the same feeling when you go to Adama Vegan Comfort Cuisine.

Pros: Unique Seating Arrangement
KristaEnglish
KristaEnglish

Eh...

2 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

For me the way you treat customers, especially newcomers, is key to a successful business. But how we were treated made me never want to return no matter how good it was. I enjoyed the portobella steak but it was not worth 12.95 with service like we received. Not just bad service but incredibly rude hostess who I believe is the owner. She was very rude to our disabled friend too. This place would not be accessible for someone in a wheelchair. My friend is in braces and had to go through their cluttered kitchen. It's surprising that this place is still open due to code violations.

Pros: some good food
Cons: rude owner, bad service, inaccessible for handicapped
Lily925
Lily925

Just OK

3 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

After reading other reviews I feel like we were at a different restaurant. We were sat at a table with bar stools, the wait person was sweet but not home if you know what I mean. We had to ask for water three times before we actually got some. The food was expensive. I wanted soup instead of salad and had to pay $2 extra to substitute for bland mush. My Jack fruit tacos were bland and tastless. My husbands pastrami sandwich was toasted white bread with some cabbage and a couple slices of meat sustitute. The lunch menu is mostly sandwiches of meat substitutes. Where are the veggies? I've been vegan for over 20 years and I am a good cook so yes I'm picky but it you read other reviews I've written they are mostly positive because I want vegan places to thrive. This is the only totally vegan place in town but for my money there are many much better choices.

Pros: vegan, vegan, vegan
Cons: Bland, pricey, not enough veggie choices
leahk
leahk

vegan restaurant in Santa Barbara

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

I've been here several times in the last 6 months. I've tried almost everything on their dinner menu and had several of the desserts. I haven't found anything that I wouldn't order again. Highlights to me were the pesto aioli with sweet potato fries for an appetizer, and the hostess cupcake for dessert (rich, delicious, and perfect for chocolate lovers). I thought about listing my favorite dinners, but I really think they are all fantastic.

Their bakery is not only vegan, but also gluten free, and you'd never know it from the taste! They also have a separate gluten free menu for those interested. Great cocktails and organic beers and wines. The restaurant is in a cute house on Chapala with a variety of different seating types. This is a great place for a date or a night out with friends or family. Service is usually very good. There is sometimes live music as well. Can't wait to try it for breakfast and lunch as I've only been for dinner.

Pros: cuisine, atmosphere, vegan and gluten free
Cons: pricey
bridie81
bridie81

saw this on happycow

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

My friend and I chose to go to Adama because when I read the description, I told her they had jackfruit tacos. I wondered what in the world those were, but she said we just HAD to go. These things were incredible, I'm sure even a non-vegan would like them. Plus, I rarely like to get entrees made with soy-based meat substitutes, so this was a real treat. Also, I'm not usually a fan of gluten-free/vegan pizza, but I ordered a slice anyway, and it too was fantastic. Crispy crust, melted "cheese" and delicious veggies...just how you want pizza to be. Last but not least, my friend and I shared a giant chocolate cupcake - it was almost like being a kid again, eating a Hostess cupcake, but I didn't have to feel badly about eating it :-) If you're in the area - go check them out (and have the jackfruit tacos).

Pros: Excellent food, Atmosphere, Helpful staff
cronbear
cronbear

Awesome

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

This place was great. Small with cool little nooks & crannies to have your own little space to dine. The food was wonderful. We started with Buffalo Hots for appetizer. Then we shared an Eggplant Parmegana. Delicious bread with balsamic vinegar & olive oil. Fantastic. We finished the meal by sharing a carrot cupcake & a delish cup of organic italian roast coffee with hemp milk for me & coconut milk for my hubby. It was the best carrot cake I have ever had. So moist & wonderful. The coffee was wonderful too. It was our 28th anniversary & the meal was a wonderful way to celebrate. Great little vegan place for sure. We will be back.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, small but very cozy & cute
craigavi
craigavi

Fantastic Restaurant First/Vegan Second

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

As a vegan for more than 20 years visiting Santa Barbara, I was happy to discover an all vegan restaurant. I was a little concerned about the "comfort food" description, as I've had my share of hippy-dippy crunchy-granola tree-hugger vegan places through the years. I was pleasantly surprised with the lovely, sophisticated yet comfortable atmosphere, and beyond thrilled with the menu options. The food was so delicious and there were so many things we wanted to try, that we came back for both breakfast and lunch the following day. I highly recommend Adama to anyone who loves good food--the fact that it is vegan (and therefore much healthier than non-vegan food) is practically incidental. I can't imagine even hard-core carnivores not loving this place.

kirsty
kirsty

4 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2011

My Husband and I were visiting SB this week and were excited to try Adama.
Perfect lay out with warm and friendly staff. Our entrees were delicious and very generous portion sizes. Loved the live music in the background. Was hard to choose a dessert because they all looked divine.
The only down side was that our bread appeared to be overcooked, I personally wouldn't have served bread that was that hard and crispy! Nevertheless, our meals certainly made up for it! Was also a bit pricey.
Thank you for a great vegan dining experience, wish there were more places out there like yours!

Pros: tasty food, lovely staff, warm atmosphere
Cons: expensive
kfinlato
kfinlato

Elegance and Comfort Just off of State Street

5 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2011

My wife and I paid our first visit to Adama on a recent Saturday night, and we knew we would be returning before we had finished ordering. The restaurant area has an intimate atmosphere, with only a dozen or so tables thoughtfully arranged into little niches for privacy. We opened with the heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers, which were ripe, thinly sliced, artfully arranged, and delicious under the lemon vinaigrette. Afterwards, we found ourselves mopping up the extra vinaigrette with the bread. My wife ordered the shepherd's pie. It was served piping-hot, still in the pot-pie dish. The generous complement of "beef" made it impossible to finish, so we took the rest home (in a recyclable paperboard take-home box) and already look forward to lunch. I ordered the Gardein Piccata, which turned out to be a soothing plate of lightly-cooked greens, brown rice, and gardein (which is remarkably close to chicken in both flavor and texture) served with artichokes and a stimulating lemon sauce. For dessert, my wife enjoyed a thick chocolate-chip cookie and I chose a small pecan tart. The roasted pecan flavor was just what I wanted, but what I hadn't anticipated was how fun it can be to have an extra dash of nutmeg in the filling. We enjoyed these with a pot of assam tea. We ate very well, as you can see, but the beauty of this cuisine is that we did not feel stuffed and heavy afterwards. We also left nearly a half-hour after they closed, but did not feel hurried by the respectful and attentive staff.

My suggestions for Adama would be (1) candles; and (2) to expand the beer offerings so that they are as interesting as the wine list.

Pros: atmosphere, food quality
Cons: it's pricey
SolesteHilberg
SolesteHilberg

Adama

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

This restaurant is exactly as advertised: vegan comfort food. I am so happy to go to a restaurant where I can order ANYTHING on the menu and into a bakery and be able to choose anything from the shelf without asking whether it's vegan. I stopped at Adama for brunch on my way home to Santa Cruz after a vacation in San Clemente and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We had the pancakes and a grilled sandwich. Both were delicious. We stocked up on bakery items for the next couple of day. So glad to have Adama!

Pros: great ambiance, friendly staff, all vegan
in2insight
in2insight

Wish it was better

2 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

It's okay. Wish it were more, but it's not.
The service was nice.
The food was middle of the road.

Some thoughts:
1) Be a bit more open to substitutes. Yes, in my mind breakfast and potatoes go hand in hand, especially when having a "scramble". The wait person was very firm that I had to order the potatoes as a side. I did so. But really, for the extra buck or two in cost, is it worth having to say no to a paying customer? It's not like the place was hopping. (They did the same thing to the table next to us, over a cup of soup instead of salad. Those folks were none too happy about it)
2) A "scramble" is NOT a stir fry. What I got was okay, if a lot bland, but was nothing at all like a breakfast "scramble". Chunks of protein with veggies.
3) Get table and chairs that are the same hight. I do not wish to slouch while eating.
4) Tap water, really? Just how much is Britta these days?

Will I be back? Will the table next to ours? Not very likely.
Yes, it's the only Vegan eating joint in SB, and that is so very cool.
I'd say that if the owners let go of some ego and preconceived notions, and listen to their customers, they will have a change at making this place a go. Otherwise, I'd be very surprised to see this lasting more than another six months.

Pros: Vegan, Cozy, Portions
Cons: Bland, Policies, Tables
  • adama adama

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. We made a decision to install a very expensive filtration system since the accumulation of empty water bottles is grievous to us, even though so many people ask for bottled water. We thought it would be better to just bottle our own and make it significantly less expensive than the commercial bottles. I guess we need to rethink it. Your input is always appreciated. You have a good point with the soup. We should have an option to substitute a cup of soup for a charge instead of the salad. The rice, beans, and quinoa are obviously prepared and then sauteed per order. Potatoes, however, are cut and cooked from scratch with each order and represent more time and labor, and as such don't make a good substitution for us as a business. And the protein scramble, which I suppose could be called a skillet, is very popular. I hope that you are wrong about our ultimate demise. And I have very little ego left. I am totally open to the feedback of my customers and have changed the menu a hundred times in the last three months, using the very astute suggestions of my customers, whose opinions I value and respect.

• Chuck Chuck

It's very refreshing to see such a responsive restaurant owner! Not only that, but your restaurant is fully vegan. I'll definitely be coming up from Los Angeles to give you all a try soon!

Sothep
Sothep

Skip My Review; Go Straight to Adama

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

Tonight I finally got around to checking out Adama, and I cursed myself for having waited so long. Simply put, this place is amazing. I'm happy finally having a 100% vegan restaurant in SB, but having one THIS good feels so decadent. I went with three friends (one vegan, two omni), and everyone left very satisfied.

Pros: good food
Cons: gets pricey
Zenju108
Zenju108

Vegan gourmet

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2011

To anyone who doubts that vegan food can be "cuisine," Adama is the ultimate refutation! Simply put, Adama is the Bomb-a. We ordered the chipotle paninis for lunch, which so flavorful (I mean, homemade cashew cheese spread?!) and rich that I didn't want it to end! So we returned for breakfast the following morning, which was equally superb. The desserts, which the owner bakes in-house, were also wonderful and left me wondering how they can be so rich w/o butter and eggs. The decor is charming and intimate, the staff most courteous, and the owner flows around the dining room with grace.

Pros: ul food!
JimMSP
JimMSP

A Must-Visit

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2011

Great food and an immense selection of creative dishes. This newly-opened restaurant was crowded when we arrived -- congrats to the owner and thanks to the staff for a nice lunch. We would have been back for dinner but as noted earlier they close at 3 pm.

Pros: Diverse menu, Tasty food
Cons: My chair was the wrong height
coyoteteacher
coyoteteacher

Superb food and atmosphere

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2011

We are all used to funky veg places, and enjoy the atmosphere. But wouldn't it be nice to eat in a place where vegetarians are treated as respectable and upstanding members of society? Adama is such a place, and the food is absolutely great. My one suggestion is that they need to expand to dinner hours (they close at 3:00 pm). If you are in Santa Barbara, you must take in a meal there.

wegan
wegan

Great

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2011

Finally, a place in Santa Barbara where I can eat anything on the menu. I've had breakfast and lunch there and everything was great. The quiche was amazing, the squash soup delicious and I don't know when I last had a quesadilla, it was great. The portions are satisfying, I think anyone would be pleased.

Pros: All vegan, large portions, great food
CarrieGVUSA
CarrieGVUSA

Vegan Restaurant in SB!

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2011

The vegan population of Santa Barbara breathed a deep sigh of relief when Adama opened its doors last week, and an even deeper one once we tasted the amazing food found inside. With numerous breakfast and lunch offerings along with a fabulous bakery, there are no restaurants even remotely near Santa Barbara which come close to having Adama's quality and variety of choices. If you are vegan and live in SB, you want to eat here. If you are vegan and visiting SB, you want to eat here. And, heck, even if you are an omnivore you STILL want to eat here. The food is amazing and the bran muffins will knock your socks off. Whether you are looking for pancakes, pasta, quiche, cupcakes, or a loaf of bread....Adama is the spot.

OD
OD

Wow

5 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2011

I just had lunch at the newly-opened vegan restaurant Adama (428 Chapala St. in the old Casa de Sevilla building, http://www.adamavegan.com/) and...WOW! The place is beautiful, the staff is a delight, and the food, oh the food. It's really pretty much as good as it can get. I'm so impressed that I wanted to share this with people who I believe would appreciate knowing about it. Even if you're not a vegan or think you don't like vegan food, please consider checking this place out. I had a gardein sandwich on focaccia with artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and cashew cheese. It was totally scrumptious, and the side salad with sesame vinaigrette was very nice too. My sweetie had the Aglio e Olio, pasta with olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and butternut squash (and plenty of moist, chewy bread to soak up the juices). for dessert, a chocolate cupcake dripping with moistness and covered in luscious frosting. And an apple streusel tart for the lady. The restaurant is broken up into little rooms, each a little different and all cozy and wonderfully furnished. The staff is attentive and friendly and very good looking to boot. I know this sounds like an ad, but I really couldn't wait to get home and share our delight with others. This is an out-of-the-way location, so their success will come via word of mouth. I'm doing my part. I urge everyone, vegan or not, to give Adama a try. I think you'll love it. And no, I don't have a stake in the place. It's just that I'm thrilled with what they're doing and want them to succeed and be around for a very long time. Check it out.

Dear Owner and Manager of Adama: