Serves meat, veg options available. Very veg-friendly coffeehouse featuring local artists. Offers meals such as veggie bacon cheeseburger, tempeh wrap, and tempeh reuben sandwich and can substitute with vegan cheese. Has soymilk and almond milk in coffee drinks, plus a modest selection of vegan baked goods like scones and chocolate chip banana bread. Hosts live music events. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg
932 Main St (next to Clark University)
Worcester, Massachusetts 01610
508-756-9446

Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-6:00pm

First Review by Livingexistence
TedRice
TedRice

Don't Bother, go to Chickpea!

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2015

Just to be clear, I NEVER leave any reviews for restaurants but my experience today changed that. I'm never giving this place another dollar. I've ordered tempeh reuben's many, many times and 99% of the time they are vegan. So when my wife and I ordered a vegan grilled cheese and a tempeh reuben we assumed that both were vegan. After the sandwiches arrived we instantly realized that there was real swiss cheese on the reuben. So I went and asked the girl working if it was in fact vegan. She said it was. Since I still wasn't believing it, I pulled the cheese off and was about to eat it. (not my usual move but we were in a rush to go hiking) A guy, who we found out later was the owner, walked by and asked if everything was okay. I explained that I was concerned whether or not the cheese and sauce were vegan and he said the cheese was real, but the sauce was in fact vegan. So I ate half of the sandwich. The guy comes back a few minutes later, tells me he misspoke and it was a regular mayo based 1000 island and that I should have specified that I wanted it vegan essentially putting the blame on me. He then offered to make us something else but never offered a refund or made any other attempt to correct the situation. He did proceed to go off on a one-side meat justifying conversation that made it crystal clear that he is only selling vegan options for the money. He also kept saying how openminded he was yet wouldn't truly listen, and had some not so nice things to say about the Chickpea menu. Do yourself a favor and go to some of the other options in Worcester area instead.

Pros: Nope
Cons: Horrible customer service, Untrained employees, Vague menu
Livingexistence
Livingexistence

Delicious Lunch!

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2015

Almost everything on their menu can be made vegan. Their sandwiches are huge, so they fill you up as well. When you walk in, and see the menu board - you will notice half the menu is vegan. Great cozy spot, lots of book to read. Seems like a hipster place, but it sure is lovely, and the owners are really kind.

Pros: Great Food, Wonderful Service, Vegan Variety
Cons: Small place, small chairs, small tables

Dear Owner and Manager of Acoustic Java: