Acorn Vegetarian Kitchen

In summer 2012 Bath's Demuths restaurant was sold to two of its staff, one of whom is the head chef, and has been renamed to Acorn. Offers seasonal vegetarian dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, British
2 North Parade Passage (Abbey Green)
Bath, England BA1 1NX
01225-446059

Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:30pm-9:30pm, Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-9:30pm

First Review by Laura Lynne
TaosRosie
TaosRosie

Did I die and go to vegan heaven?

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2015

The food here, at what is ostensibly a vegetarian restaurant, is superb. We went there on a Monday evening and the place was packed. This has to be the best vegan food I've ever eaten. The wines were also superb - how lovely to be vegan and be treated to a feast of flavors instead of the eternal offer of "mushroom risotto".....we even bought one of the Acorn cookbooks and have created a couple of their masterpieces at home. This menu is all about creative blending of spices, herbs and vegetables. The staff are charming and helpful.If you're in Bath, do go,it's an amazing experience. All menu items marked as to whether they are vegan, veggie, or gluten free.

Pros: The food, The wine, Relaxed atmosphere
ilinca
ilinca

Favourite restaurant ever

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2015

Sorry guys for the super excited title, but so far it's true. We spent 3 days in Bath and ate almost exclusively at Acorn. It is a bit expensive but it's so worth it that I can't complain about it.

We managed to try all the vegan dishes and weren't let down by any. I would recommend that you get a main first instead of several starter dishes as everything matches perfectly in the mains and the plating is gorgeous. You do end up a bit cheaper with the starters though.

They had pretty good deals at lunchtime or early evening. Supper was way more expensive for almost the same food.

Pros: Great plating, Everything was delicious, Friendly, central, lovely interiour
Cons: Expensive, Only in Bath
AnneBam
AnneBam

Delicious! Omni mum loved it too

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2015

Me and my Omni mum visited bath and she took me hear, we had a 3 course Sunday lunch for less than £20 each plus wine. Was absolutely delicious, want to go back to Bath just to go here!
Also listed GF and nut free options, had a good dessert selection and wines too.

Pros: dessert! , wine! , delicious, well priced food

lizipfe
lizipfe

Vegan delight in the heart of Bath

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2015

Me and my friend stumbled across the Acorn Vegetarian kitchen on a spontaneous visit to Bath, we were on the hunt for a vegan feast and we were not disappointed. Now I would never normally choose lunch time to sit down to such a fine dining experience in fact before we stepped in to the restaurant we had no idea just how special this little restaurant would be. Spoiled for choice I wanted to order the whole menu, but my wallet and stomach would not let me, instead me and my friend decided to order two different dishes and share them. The dishes were fresh, light but hearty at the same time with the most exquisite combination of flavours and even though we were both full after finishing them we could not say no to dessert, some poached peaches with hand made vegan ice cream and the most delicious chocolate torte with raspberry sorbet which I still can not quite believe could be vegan!Staff were attentive and chat, if it wasn't for the fact I had a plane to catch later that day I could have quite easily sat in there the rest of the afternoon with a cup of tea and perhaps another piece of that chocolate torte!

Pros: Unique flavours, Good portion size, Beautiful presentation
Good for Vegans
Good for Vegans

Finally Managed a Visit!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2015

I have had Demuths on my 'to do' list for so long and was disappointed to hear it was no longer. However, once I discovered that in fact it was a takeover by the existing chef and a name change then I wasn't so upset! As we live a good few hours away, it has taken a while to actually manage a visit. We booked in to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the staff were extremely helpful despite the short notice! We both really enjoyed our starters - I had the white onion soup which was really delicious and my husband had the cashew and carrot pate which was also good. We were intrigued by the 'aged cashew puree' and as it wasn't actually in the dishes we chose they provided us with a little pot and some bread to try it. It was delicious. For mains we both had the smoked mushroom dish which we were a little disappointed with. It didn't taste smoked and needed something extra, such as some garlic, just to lift the flavour a little. For dessert we had the chocolate torte with the peanut butter sorbet which is amazing. Very rich and so you don't need a very large portion! The combined flavours though are really delicious. The service was smooth, but not rushed and the staff are friendly. We would definitely go back next time we are in the area.

Pros: Tasty vegan food, Friendly staff
jennyc32
jennyc32

Delicious dessert

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2015

We went for a two course evening meal at Acorn and had a wonderful experience. The service was attentive, but not stifling, and it had a nice, laidback atmosphere. I had a smoked portobello dish which was really tasty, though my partner was underwhelmed by the vegetarian option. The real highlight was the dessert - we had the salted chocolate tart with peanut butter sorbet, and it was amazing!

KFo
KFo

Delicious!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2015

I have been here a couple of times, and I'm always completely spoilt for choice. The flavour combinations are often unusual sounding, but taste fantastic. I never struggle to decide on a dessert. The salted chocolate tart with peanut butter sorbet is to die for! The staff are friendly and there is a nice, relaxed atmosphere.

Pros: Creative food, Healthy, Good Service
Cons: Expensive
Joyatri
Joyatri

Recommended 'Fine Dining' Sunday Roast

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2015

We had the Sunday Roast, priced at £16.95, for 3 courses (menu available on the restaurant's website) The food was sophisticated, flavorful and beautifully presented. The dessert, a chocolate pot served with a side of peanut butter sorbet topped with carmelized peanuts was incredible! It was silky smooth, rich, but not overly heavy.

Book ahead to ensure that you can experience Acorn's Sunday Roast!

Pros: well prepared, tasty food, lovely ambiance, great service
marie la vie en rose
marie la vie en rose

so good

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2015

we had the 8 plates for 2 selection. beautiful flavours, textures and presentation. lovely service and surroundings
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 25, 2015

Richard Ross
Richard Ross

Excellent food

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2015

I ate here on the evening of the May 2nd and was very impressed. There is quite a choice of vegan food. I had the smoked field mushrooms and the flavours mingled perfectly. For dessert I chose the Salted Chocolate Tart with peanut butter sorbet, a surprisingly great combination.

This is not a cheap restaurant but the price reflects its excellence in food an service.

Now, if only it was completely vegan...

Pros: Excellent, imaginative food, Friendly service, Good choice of vegan dishes
Cons: Not completely vegan
noedavne
noedavne

Wonderful food!

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2015

We had a wonderful dinner here in our trip to Bath. Even though it was bank holiday we managed to book a table the same day and everything was perfect. The staff was really nice and the food amazing, I really recommend this one.

SabrinaCecconi
SabrinaCecconi

Outstanding vegan gourmet cusine!

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2015

We celebrated our 6th anniversary in this cosy and cute little restaurant. Food was amazing, creatively delicious, new combinations of flavours for my palate that tastes duper delicious. Bravo to chef! A great interpretation of cauliflower served grilled and raw on a smooth and yummie cashew cream... I want more!!!

megs828
megs828

Delicious gourmet veg food

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2014

Most of the items on the menu are vegan. We had the parsnip soup and carrot/cashew pate to start. For main courses we had the pumpkin dish and cauliflower fritters. For dessert we had the poached pear and pineapple carpaccio. The starters and main courses were absolutely delicious. The desserts were good but not as good as the other food.

Note that reservations are required, especially on weekends.

Pros: high quality food, great service, plenty of vegan options
Tomericko
Tomericko

they know how food works !

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

Amazing dishes.
The cashew and carrot pâté is breathtaking, and the pumpkin for main was the best dish I've ever had.

The only very weird thing is the the same dishes get more expensive in evening and even more in dinner.

It is pricy and if you come very hungry you may spend quite allot.

Rosa Mundi
Rosa Mundi

Pretty as a picture

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2014

Acorns is in a lovely old building near Bath Abbey.
The food is original, modern but most important of all tasty.
It is such a delight to be spoilt for choice.
I only wish I lived near enough to visit more often.

Pros: Excellent food, Good service, Characterful building
Cons: Not a very big place so best to book
Laura Lynne
Laura Lynne

Beautiful dishes

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

Menu items are pretty healthy, well-portioned, and extremely flavorful. There are a few vegan starters, mains, wines, and desserts offered. They also offer soya milk for hot drinks. The summer pea dish was fantastic and the coffee had a beautiful layer of crema-- prettiest I've ever seen.

Pros: Good vibe, Great food, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Acorn Vegetarian Kitchen: