Serves meat, veg options available. Offers many vegan options including ice cream, cakes, quiche, soup, panini and more. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Non-veg

First Review by NinomaeJyuuichi
vegantonio
vegantonio

Best place in Basel if you are a vegan

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

Very cozy and at the same time progressive place. As a vegan you will not have a problem to find all you need: main dishes, sweets, ice and sandwiches. The place is 99% vegetarian so I really don't catch why the owners don't leave the meat out of their menu :-(

Pros: good portions, friendly staff, vegan choice
Cons: still having meat in their menu card
NinomaeJyuuichi
NinomaeJyuuichi

Very good!

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2012

Was in Basel for a few days for a meeting and was looking for vegan places and was recommend here. Very glad I came here! Very relaxed atmosphere with delicious food. They have quiches of which one is vegan (may have to check with staff regarding which one) and vegan ice creams which are marked vegan as well as vegan waffle cones. Apparently this place is run as a co-op so worker-owned which I find admirable. Luckily though the person I was with spoke German, because otherwise it didn't seem like the staff working at the time would have understood me. Cash only, about 1 min from Rheingasse tram stop. Cost me about 13CHF for a slice of quiche and a cone of ice cream.

Pros: Delicious!, Cheap!, Adequate seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Acero: