Serves meat, veg options available. At Ethiopian restaurants, you can usually find some vegetable and bean dishes that are vegan suitable. This one has a separate vegetarian menu, and the owners are knowledgeable regarding vegan dietary needs. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ethiopian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
2109-146 Avent Ferry Rd
Raleigh, North Carolina 27606
919-664-8151

Open Mon-Fri 5-10pm, Sat 12-10pm, Sun 1-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by angelaxvx
trippinvegan
trippinvegan

Not Bad

3 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

I've been here a few times with vegan friends who eat here regularly and really enjoy it. I'll admit I'm not completely sure I see the attraction, but I'm glad they're happy with it!

The food is certainly fine, though I would say it's not the best ever or anything. The owner and staff are very nice and friendly, so that's certainly a point in their favor. Cleanliness doesn't seem to be the top priority, at least the times I've been here, but the food has seemed fine.

So I guess I'm personally a bit "meh" overall about Abyssinia, but if I'm not mistaken, it's often considered the best Ethiopian food in the Triangle (maybe the only?? I honestly haven't heard of another nearby).

Pros: OK food, Nice staff
Cons: Not the cleanest place, Only OK food
blackravens
blackravens

Best ethiopian I've ever had!

3 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

I've eaten at "famous" DC Ethiopian restaurants, and they aren't as good as Abysinnia!

Pros: very tasty, friendly staff
Cons: Food can be a little oily
angelaxvx
angelaxvx

Authentic and delicious!

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

This restaurant is one of my favorite places to eat. The food is so delicious and fresh! The owner is very nice and knowledgable regarding vegan diets due to his religious beliefs. The staff is so friendly and it is definately a place worth trying!

Pros: Delicious/fresh food, Portion size, Friendly staff
Cons: Serves animal flesh, Outdated decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Abyssinia: