This place was so good. I had the yellow split peas and it came with a mix of potatoes and carrots and a side salad. The food was amazing and you get so much for only a small price. I highly recommend this place.
Injera is, as far as i know, the staple food of Ethiopia. It is made from a superfood grain that has incredible nutritional value (look it up!). It is large, flat, spongy , soft, and sits well in the stomach. I dont know about you but i could serious live on this stuff! The vegetarian platter is served on a big plate with a big piece of injera on top of it. on top of that are placed assorted lentil curry dishes, curried potatoes and carrots, and salad. They provide some more injera on the side. For $10 it is quite a bit of food, and its healthy and surprisingly fast. It isnt the fanciest place around but it is certainly fulfilling. I didnt have the coffee ceremony here, but ive had it at other Ethiopian restraunts and it was amazing!! Definitely worth a try if you have never had Ethiopian food, or if you are just hungry for something healthy and cheap.
Cons: poor decor, smoothie was soso
This is a very Veg friendly restaurant. The staff makes all their veggies and lentil dishes vegan and the Injera is great. The restaurant was clean and spacious and can handle a large group. They offer a buffet at lunch that would be great for Vegans as well.
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Abyssinia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 1142 times since Jan 2013.