Traditional Italian pasticceria except that it serves vegan food and offers plant milk for coffee drinks. Range of vegan magazines in Italian. Relocated from Via Etnea 446. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Bakery

theobald
theobald

Fabulous food, lovely people

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2015

We turned up in the evening wanting a meal, not just a snack. The chef was summoned and cooked us two really lovely dishes. Absolutely delicious. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go back to sample the cakes, pastries etc but we will, next time.

Pros: helpful staff, excellent food, good value
zuleika
zuleika

A traditional Italian [coffee] bar, but vegan!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

I was so silly excited to try Abracadabar and it didn't disappoint. If you're looking for an elegant dinner restaurant to take a date this probably isn't it, but it's exactly what it claims to be - a traditional Italian coffee bar where everything is vegan. Living in Italy and passing by these little cafes every day, I always find myself wishing I could just sit down and have a pastry and cappuccino! Here that is possible, and the pastries and coffee were delicious. It looked like maybe sometimes they have gelato as well, though there wasn't any when I visited in the dead of winter. Just a really nice little place and the people there were helpful and patient with us! Sweet and savory pastries were both delicious, and I wish I could have stuck around for when they started cooking the day's arancini special.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 06, 2015

Pros: delicious food, inexpensive, unique to find vegan-friendly
lennartschelter
lennartschelter

Nice for take away but no Restaurant

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2014

First of all I found it amazing that it is a purely vegan take away bar since I have never seen another one before. It is a good place to stop by for a quick snack on the go or a pizza for take away. I would not recommend staying at the bar for dinner, they have some tables but it is really more a small take away bar and no restaurant with nice atmosphere.

The vegan Pizza I had was very tasty, very thin crispy bottom, traditional Italian style pizza with vegan mozzarella. It's a big pizza but rather expensive if you want more than just marguerite it's 10,- € and more.

You should give it a try for lunch or take away if you are in Catania, definitely worth a try!

On weekend nights they only serve Pizza!

Pros: Nice and cheap snacks, All vegan, Good for trying out new stuff
Cons: High prizes for pizza

wildfang
wildfang

Wow!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

We only managed to go there once during our stay in Catania but if I could, I'd go back straight away! All those vegan snacks we tried were incredibly tasty and at a good price. Not to mention the ice cream..*yum*
There was also freshly pressed orange juice as well as organic fizzy drinks which are hard to find in the area. Thanks!

Pros: friendly staff, English spoken, super-tasty, promotes animal rights
Cons: fish in aquarium
antonio1
antonio1

Good vegan coffee bar in the city centre

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

A good coffee bar in the centre of Catania offering vegan drinks, juices, home made arancini, pizza, brioches and ice cream. Everything is vegan.
It is about 5-10 minutes walk from the entrance of the beautiful Villa Bellini park on via Etna.
I particularly liked the vegan arancini, which is a Sicilian speciality, and the good selection of bottled drinks, many of which are bio / organic.
I also tried the ice cream, made with soya milk and carruba, which is a typical Sicilian fruit, and found it good.
This place also has informative material about the vegan diet.
The staff is professional and friendly and there's a relaxed atmosphere.
It is a good place to have a snack, ice cream or drink if you are in the centre of Catania.

Pros: Central location, Vegan arancini, Informative material about vegan diet

Dear Owner and Manager of AbracadaBar: