Organic supermarket with a full sized café where you can sit and sip on an organic soy chai latte or a free trade coffee. The market stocks a large range of products, including vegan and vegetarian food items as well as raw food (has raw ice cream). Offers a naturopathic dispensary with naturopath on site. Catering service available. more-less
605 Darling Street
Rozelle, New South Wales 2040
Now Open

Mon-Thu 6:00am-8:00pm, Fri 6:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-7:00pm

First Review by amaranth

Tummy loves this supermarket but wallet doesn't

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

Love the food I could get when I was living locally that I never saw elsewhere. Think they are ahead of the pack for new foods. Many of the vegan options are great although there are a few fails in the freezer section. But you can get delicious stuff like adzuki bean dip, raw cashew hummus, almond milk icecream, delicious curries off the fridge shelf and super awesome sprouted bread. You can also buy a bunch of other good grocery options like vegan mayo (which is delicious), etc. But yes, it will cost you $$$. I used to go here when I wanted to indulge.

Pros: Variety / Options, Staff are friendly and helpful, Well laid out shop
Cons: $$$, Could have even more options!

Great but expensive

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

The supermarket is really good, you will find lots of hard to get ingredients... But it is really expensive! The cafe is generally good, the coconut quinoa porridge is so yum... The same thing with the butter on toast has happened to me (see previous review) avoid the tofu scramble, it's bland and oily. Good smoothies.

Great supermarket, not so great cafe

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2012

I was really excited when I found this place but I didn't have a great experience here. The supermarket looks incredible though. I ordered an iced coffee and asked if they had soy, and the guy said he had no idea if they had soy. Then I asked to confirm my smoothie was dairy free and he also said he had no idea, and had to ask someone else. When I opened my Loving Earth chocolate, it was melted. Then my tofu scramble came (which has "vegan"in brackets on the menu) and it had a big chunk of butter on the toast. It was missing things that the menu said it would have, like roasted tomato. When I swapped toast with my non-vegan bf, there was a hair under his. It was a disappointing scramble, not much tofu, not enough to spread on 2 pieces of toast. Salads were not clearly marketd with ingredients either, and when I inquired they didn't know. It was really hot in there too, no a/c

Pros: Supermarket
Cons: Not great food, Unclearly marked, Butter on vegan meal

Dear Owner and Manager of About Life: