Abby's Health and Nutrition

Health food market with a juice bar/deli cafe inside. Stocks a large selection of organic produce, supplements and vitamins. more-less

First Review by 0dalys
vtraveller
vtraveller

Excellent Vegan Options

5 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

For the area this is one of the best options around. They have a whole dedicated vegan section at the deli with loads of good dishes. Recommend the raw pad Thai, Claudia's avocado salad, and the sesame toasted Brussel sprouts. Mostly organic.

Pros: Vegan Options, Organic
Cons: Somewhat Pricy
Jenoe
Jenoe

Great Deli Both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2009

Abbys has a great Deli with many inspiring vegetarian dishes. They also have quite a variety of organic chicken, buffalo and wild fish prepared differently all the time. Their butternut squash explosion is out of this world! They have a soup bar with at least one vegetarian option, a modest salad bar that is clean with fresh items including fresh berries, nuts, raisins, hearts of palm, various greens and prepared side dishes like quinoa or brown rice. The staff in the deli seem to have a great turnover except for one of the main chefs who seems to be a constant. They are all pretty friendly but on occasion I feel slightly awkward pulling them away from food preparation to wait on me. They also have fresh juices,including wheatgrass. However, I was taken aback when one of the new staffers made me a juice with carrots right out of the plastic bag. Well...I usually rinse and scrub my carrots before juicing (isn't that the norm?). The prices are pretty competetive (and I shop around). I buy nuts in bulk there, which are less expensive than Whole Foods. The produce department is not huge and I would love to see more locally-grown items there (They stock organic tomatoes from Mexico, which I do not buy). A new addition they added was a refrigerated prepared raw food section. I am a big raw food fan and the items looked quite interesting, but too expensive for me. I do not buy supplements at Abbys, so I cannot give any feedback on that. Overall, Abbys gets a "B" from me, sometimes a B+.

Pros: Great Deli, Good Parking, Convenient Location
Cons: High turnover in staff
  • courtney1109 courtney1109

They have updated a lot in the last year! They now have a much bigger produce section with locally grown produce and a much bigger raw section. The prices are pretty good as they are all below retail. The cafe has expanded as well with a grab and go section and a hot bar.

0dalys
0dalys
  • raw

Abby's is great

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2007

I go to Abby's even though I have a health food store walking distance (Chuck's). Abby is super friendly and very knowledgeable about the products she sells. The store is clean and the produce section is always fresh. They also have a wide selection!
As for the prices - they are OK - the same as other's in the area.

Dear Owner and Manager of Abby's Health and Nutrition: