A1 Sweet and Restaurant -...

Casual vegetarian Indian restaurant serving a variety of food. Sister restaurant to the one in Scarborough. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out, Catering
2345 Trafalgar Road (south of Dundas)
Oakville, Ontario L6H 6N9
905-257-0808

Open Tue, Wed, Sun 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by blonde76
Cyphgirl
Cyphgirl

I'm a regular

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

when I am in Oakville visiting my parents and need lunch I often stop here. I get the potato curry and the chana masala because those are dairy free. the daal fry is also dairy free. They are always friendly. they recently increased their prices but not by too much. The samosas are also good and vegan. for a quick meal its a great choice.

Pros: fast, friendly staff, tasty food.
Cons: not as many vegan options as I would like, closed on Monday
sherrykb
sherrykb

Delicious Indian food with vegan options

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

They must have improved since they first opened, as I have been going this past year, and they do a good job with both food and service. I would highly recommend the combo plate with fresh naan or puri. You get to choose which items go in your tray and I'm certain you won't be disappointed! Makes a wonderful lunch or dinner.

veganjen
veganjen

Good Stuff

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2010

I think A1 is great - great food, good (fast) service and very affordable. I find this food better than most dine in restaurants. I go here at least once a week, and I am not Indian, and I can say without doubt they are not racist.

Pros: Good food, Price, Cleanliness

blonde76
blonde76

Service could be better

2 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2010

I visited this restaurant a few weeks after they opened. I placed my order with a very nice gentleman and he passed me onto this woman. I was the next one to be served after an older man, but she continued serving other people before me. I asked her when it was my turn and she ignored my question and continued serving other people. When the gentleman came back I told him I have two minutes before my lunch break was over and I need my food or my money back and he told her to service me next. I waited over twenty minutes for the woman to server me food that was in front of her the whole time and she did not apologize nor did she smile. I won't go back again.

Pros: clean
Cons: no smiling, long wait

Dear Owner and Manager of A1 Sweet and Restaurant - Oakville: