A Vegan-Veggie Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. This cafe shares space with The Shish Kabob Cafe which cooks meat. The two restaurants have separate names and separate menus, but they're located next to each other and when you walk in the door you discover they are commingled. Order from the same counter and sit at the same tables. When you walk in, the staff asks, "Would you like the vegetarian or meat menu?" So the table sitting next to you could be eating meat while you are eating vegan. The vegetarian menu is around 90% vegan, and items include such as hummus, baba ghanouj, falafel, mojadara (lentil, rice, onion), stuffed sweet peppers, vegetarian ghallaba, stuffed cabbage, cauliflower sandwich, eggplant sandwich, spinach pie, a rice almond salad, fattoush. Has smoothies and juices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Juice bar, Non-veg
45172 Ford Rd (Total Plaza)
Canton, Michigan 48187
734-927-9998

Open Tue-Sun 11am-9pm.

First Review by happycowgirl
veglvr88
veglvr88

Nothing Special

2 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

This was just an average Mediterranean restaurant. The food was not great and the service was sloppy and unprofessional. I would not recommend it.

Sharley6825
Sharley6825

Would not recommend this place.

1 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

The fact they try to trick people annoys the crap out of me. The people there are ridiculously nice but everything is right next to each other, the meat is next to the vegan things.
[edit by staff]

Pros: Nice Staff
Cons: Doesn't separate food well, Not vegan/veggie cafe
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Very mediocre

2 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

I've eaten at many middle eastern restaurants in the last few decades and I eat Lebanese/middle eastern food at least once a week. I had several items in this place and they were all so-so. I have no interest in eating there again.

gordon33
gordon33

A Vegan Cafe

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2013

The food is good and the services is fine. The place is really an Arab restaurant. As all Arab restaurants have a good selection of dishes for vegans this place also does. Last time I was there they have a separate menu for vegans that had a dish with cheese in it. That said its still a good place to go and get vegan food.

MikeEve
MikeEve

Affordable tasty food

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2012

Went here the other day in between a wedding and the reception (where we knew there would be nothing to eat). Food was delicious and priced right. Falafel sandwich is excellent and they use a garlic sauce on it that is great. The tabouli was some of the best I've ever had. We were given free smoothies and both the strawberry and the mixed berry were perfect. Hummus was good - authentic with a lot of tahini. Staff was very friendly but it does seem like they're just starting out and don't have all their systems in place making everything just a LITTLE slower than I's usually expect.

Pros: delicious, cheap, large portions
Cons: slower service
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Good

4 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2011

It's 4 Cows for a dive cafe. We're not talking Millenium in San Francisco. It's great down-to-basics vegan mediterranean food in a simple, no-frills environment. Where else can you get an eggplant sandwich for $2.99?

I'd give it 3 1/2 cows if I could simply b/c you see the sign that says "Vegan Cafe" outside and it's a let down when you walk in and see that the other 'part' of the cafe serves meat. Almost like false advertising. I wish they would separate the two places.

Dear Owner and Manager of A Vegan-Veggie Cafe: