A Matter of Health - NYC

Stocks natural, organic and whole foods, nutritional products, body care products and health information. Many vegan suitable items. more-less

First Review by NYChealthfoodie

Healthy convenience

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2013

This place is near work for me so I shop here frequently. They have an extensive selection of food to suit almost anyone's dietary needs. Me personally, I haven't experienced any rudeness from the staff at all while shopping here but I've always went there to pick up what I need. I've never called in an order to them. If you are in the area and need organic groceries or food items to suit specific diets (ie: vegan, gluten-free) I'd recommend this place.

BEWARE OF THE MEAN STAFF!!

1 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

I USED to shop here all the time - the old staff was so helpful, warm, accommodating, I can't say enough good things... HOWEVER, this place is a total nightmare now, The new staff can't get orders straight. Every time I have ordered food in, I have received some items that were incorrect, such as sodium free food when I didn't ask for that, frozen dinners food that weren't gluten free like what I specified, etc. Because of this problem, I asked the woman I was placing the order with to please go over the order with me. She barked at me, "You're being rude! I know my work!" This was AFTER she made me call her back twice because she was busy and sighed deeply when I tried to place an order, telling me, "It's not a good time for me again, but, fine, I'll take your order". I asked her how exactly I was being rude to her? She handed the phone to some gross man who worked there who sounded like he drooled and called her "honey" who shouted at me - yes, shouted - that if my order was ever wrong, it was my fault because I must have not told them what I wanted. I informed him that I did in fact tell them what I wanted and he SCREAMED at me, "YOU DON'T LISTEN!" I told him he sounded crazy and the new staff needs etiquette lessons. They are some seriously personality challenged social misfits that work there. If you like the DMV, shop at a Matter of Health! I told them that I would never shop there again and cancelled my order. Venture at your own risk!

Pros: Healthy food
Cons: Staff, Staff, Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of A Matter of Health - NYC: