A Market Natural Foods

Natural foods market with vegetarian/vegan options. Next to Manchester Commons Shopping Center on South Willow Street - behind Irving Gas & Dyna Tune - store is on left - plenty of parking. more-less

First Review by Fallenxero
bbeckums
bbeckums

lovely store, but a bit pricey

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

i live right near a-market so it's quite convenient for me to just pop in there to grab whatever i need. there's not a whole lot of natural food stores up here in nh, so it's quite nice to be able to grab some bagels and cream cheese. and i was delighted at how quickly they got in new earth balance and daiya products when they came out! unfortunately, i have found some of their items to be a bit pricey, like liz lovely cookies which i can purchase near my work in lowell are double the price up at a-market, and that's with tax! the people who work there are always friendly and wiling to help me, but i can't see doing a complete food shopping there as i would run out of money waaaay faster than i could fill up my belly

Pros: friendly staff, lots of vegan options
Cons: higher price
CarolR
CarolR

No customer care

1 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2011

Have been shopping at A-market for 8 years (weekly sometimes twice weekly) and recently started juicing so ordered 50lb carrots at a discount, after I got them home, realized they were mostly unsuitable for juicing as they were smaller than my fingers. When I called to cancel the following weeks order and tell them why, was rudely and abruptly told would pass it on. When I tried to say that I was a regular customer and wanted to continue shopping there, again was cut short and told, "will pass it on" - Never heard from them again. I now go to Wholefoods which is 20 minutes extra drive each way but half the price - Nice!!!! Thanks A-Market

Hilary
Hilary

Great products

2 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2010

Great products, lots to choose from. However, I would love to beable to shop there weekly but, there is not way I could afford it. $70.00 or more a week for one person and, that is just the basic stuff. Also most of the staff thinks they are better than you. Most of the time you will not even get a hello from them, or they act like you are bothering them by being there.

Pros: clean, good products
Cons: expensive, staff is not nice
nhfoos
nhfoos

Overpriced but OK in a pinch

1 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2009

I can go here and spend $70 and walk out with a bag full or can go to my usual Organic spot and walk out with three bags full for $70, kind of a no brainer. they do have products other stores do not carry but the price is too much for every week food shopping, we go there maybe 3 times a year.

Pros: variety, it's in NH, Organic
Cons: over priced, pretentious , small
animalsrule
animalsrule

Awsome

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2009

Nearly everything they have is organic. I go they're ever time when i am in the area. The prices can be high, but they are not "ripp-offs" or crazily high. overall, it is a awsome place!

Guest
Guest

Not great, but usually does the trick

3 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2006

This is a small, overpriced natural foods store in Manchester. They sell a good range of products and are a good source for vegan junk food. Organic produce is usually good (but expensive, and the banans are terrible tasting). The store keeps brewed coffee and tea on hand as well as two types of hot soup (usually one is vegan). Good selection of vegan deserts and sweets. Prices are fairly high compared to places like WildOats and Wholefoods, but this is the best the Manch has for natural and vegan-friendly stores. Most of the staff is nice, but some seem just a bit high and mighty. Here's a tip: find something you like there first, then run across the street to shaw's and see if they have it cheaper.

Pros: good variety, has uncommon products
Cons: high prices
Fallenxero
Fallenxero

Just okay

3 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2006

I actually worked for this store. I do love their produce, and their soups. They have a few hard to find vegan specialty items, which is pretty much the only reason I go there. They are way overpriced, and the management (and a few of the staff) are snooty and pretentious, which is too bad, because otherwise this store would be awesome.

Pros: Hard to find items, Good Soup, Great Produce
Cons: Pricey, Holy-er than thou attitud

Dear Owner and Manager of A Market Natural Foods: