Upstairs restaurant with colorful tables. Location is hidden from the street, look for it. Offers several different dishes each day. Each main dish is accompanied by salad. Homestyle cooking. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Macrobiotic, Portugese
Rua da Emenda 110, 2nd floor, Chiado (Metro: Baixa-Chiado)
Lisbon, Portugal
+351-213470500
Mon-Fri 12:00pm(noon)-3:30pm more-less
  • Cash only

First Review by Anna Vladi

A great place in Lisbon

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

When I went to this restaurant, a couple of weeks ago, I found it empty. I must say, inexplicably empty.

The owner, Ema Martini, is incredibly nice and friendly. Apparently, this is the first vegetarian restaurant to ever open in Portugal. The food is great, and it is unbelievably cheap.

The location is also nice.

These are all the reasons why I would like to recommend this place. I hope you will find as pleasent as I did.

Pros: Good food, Friendly owner, Super cheap

veg lunch in Baixa

3 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Quiet, nice, colorfull place at the first floor.

The cook/waitress/manager is a nice lady, who will sincerely welcome you in this quiet refuge just aside the crowded streets of Baixa quarter.

Food is good and price is vey afffordable, so you will overlook minor details.

Pros: price for value, central, really home made food
Cons: limited choice, a bit too much home made style

Warm place, warm people

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

I went there some years ago, i dont remember a lot, but i do remember to expect less from the place (some comments of friends or people in the street), and to be nicely suprised :) Good food, good price

Well hidden but worth your while

4 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2012

Once we found it between barrio alto and the shopping district and waited a little until the door was opened, we were pleasantly surprised. We were the only customers in a nicely coloured apartment. The food is mostly macrobiotic. There are a handful of daily dishes accompanied by a salad. If you're not fluent in portuguese communication is a bit difficult but the lady is extremely friendly. The food tasted very nice.

Pros: tasty, friendly, fresh ambiente
Cons: well hidden

surprise

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2011

Didnt expect a lot from this place. Didnt find any information or any reviews about it. When I was at the street, I even was not sure that the place exist. But as I have found it, I was very surprised. The place is located in small street, on the second floor. Nice lady serves the food. It is very home made. You have quite big choise and very nice food. She also had an apple tee. The lunch menu (inkl. main dish and salad, and magic apple tee) costs 9 euro.
It has two quite big sunny rooms with colorful tables. We did really enjoyed. And it felt special to be ampng those few people who know this place.

Pros: tiny, tasty, home made

Dear Owner and Manager of A Colmeia: