Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food restaurant with spacious interior. Offers noodles, curries, and many vegetable dishes which could be requested without egg. Sauces are reportedly vegetarian (no fish or oyster sauces), and several dishes are labeled as wheat-free. The fried tofu and other veggies are cooked in vegetable oil. Your choice of spice level. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by passedout
slithers
slithers

Nice!

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2015

This place has a number of easily veganizeable entrées & know which dishes are vegan, though only a few specials are marked as vegan (nothing on their full menu is marked vegan, though they do have vegetarian section). I had the Jay Curry with veggies and tofu (see picture) which was moderately spicey & exactly what I was expecting/wanting. This place is non-veg so may smell a little fishy at times.

Pros: Friendly staff, Decent & tasty vegan options, Convenient to downtown Portsmouth
Cons: Vegan items inconsistently labeled, Restaurant serves fish (smell)
ChrisKoala
ChrisKoala

Amazing food, Wonderful atmosphere, Great prices

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2015

Came here recently for a romantic date with my husband and we both absolutely loved it.

I had the Volcano Tofu and LOVED it!! Also, their hot tea is delicious and our waiter was exceptional. Will definitely come back!

passedout
passedout

Great Food

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

Thai Bistro was awesome. Fresh thai food with a great menu. I had a dish which consisted of rice noodles, veggies, tofu and peanut sauce. It was perfect. They clearly mark what is vegan on their menu and also have gluten free marks too. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Pros: Food, Service, Decor

Dear Owner and Manager of 5 Thai Bistro: