In December 2012 this restaurant changed from Amar to 5 Smaków (5 Tastes). It continues to serve all vegetarian food, with vegan options including desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Polish, Take-out

Golem
Golem

Eat more pancakes!

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

This is a good place with many vegan options! Very nice potatoe pancakes, the vegan version comes with "vegetable goulash" (ratatouille, in fact). Other dishes include pasta, salads, soups and cakes. I did not try the cakes, I do not even know if they were vegan. As it is customary in Poland, lots of side dishes are available, which means it is easy to modify your meal to your liking. Very friendly waitress, good atmosphere. The area surrounding the restaurant is one of my favourites in Szczecin, with lots of Gründerzeit-buildings. Check out the old pharmacy-building (aptek) at the end of the street at the square Grunwaldski, for example.
I would have been happy to have a beer with my lunch, but there was only alcohol-free Bavaria. Also, the portions were a bit on the small side, but that can be fixed relatively easy with a cheap side dish.
A funny detail: the chairs are made from extremely heavy wood. An elephant could sit on one of those without any fear of breaking it.

Pros: Good taste, Friendly waitress, potatoe pancakes
Cons: portions a bit small
VGN123
VGN123

polecam

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

bardzo polecam tę restaurację. W mojej okolicy nie ma żadnych wegetariańskich czy choćby wegańskich restauracji, więc uważam, że 5 smaków zasługuje na największe noty.

maxmadrid
maxmadrid

Good taste but very small portions

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

I went with my daughter and our hosts to eat a late lunch there. We where hungry and very disapointed about the small portions. We had 3 x gulash with seitan and 1 x falaffel dish. I alone could have eaten the 4 dishes and I'm a normal eater. It was not expensive but not really worth it. At home I prepared some more food.

Pros: Good taste
Cons: Rediculous portions

jonathancross
jonathancross

Tasty, Vegan food in Szczecin?

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2010

I and my two companions were quite excited to find this place while waiting for a connecting train in Szczecin.
With walking and a random tram ride, it took about 20 minutes to get there from ther train station.
The woman working there was nice and we were told that everything was vegan, but not 100% sure. Liked the traditional Polish foods sans animal products. We ate a lot and it came out to about 4 euros each (after we pointed out a rather large error on the bill :-)

Yes, great place, but check your receipt.

Pros: Good, hearty portions, friendly, traditional
Cons: overcharged

Dear Owner and Manager of 5 Smakow: