Vegetarian deli located in the River Market District. Menu features portobello and hummus wraps and sandwiches, grilled panini, fresh pies, soups, salads, and smoothies. Uses local produce. Also sells locally produced jam, jelly, spices and rubs, plus gift baskets. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, Take-out
405 President Clinton Ave
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
501-244-2622

Open Mon-Thur 9:30am-7:30pm, Fri-Sat 9:30am-9pm, Sun 10:30am-4pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by bevegan
claires321
claires321

Delicious vegetarian sandwiches & wraps

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

4square is my go-to restaurant when I am in downtown Little Rock. There are plenty of choices of sandwiches, wraps, & salads - most are fairly simple but good nonetheless. It's run by an Indian family, so some of the sandwiches have Indian influences - and those are the best ones. They've got tons of smoothies and a mango lassi (my favorite!). The atmosphere is a mixed bag depending on what you're looking for - part of it is a tourist shop with lots of Arkansas souvenirs & locally made jams & sauces, as well as imported Indian bags & clothes.

Pros: inexpensive, lots of choices, long hours
Cons: not a normal restaurant/cafe atmosphere, very slow service when busy
Thelittleveganandme
Thelittleveganandme

Vegan friendly shop with gluten free options

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

Was pleasantly surprised to find a vegan friendly shop in Little Rock while passing through on our family road trip from Virginia to Texas. I ordered the Mediterranean wrap for my husband without feta cheese (which he said was delicious!) and I was going to order mine on a gluten free wrap (I have celiac disease) and the sweet lady helping me said that unfortunately they were out of gluten free wraps which they usually do carry. Usually at that point I just smile and order food for the rest of the family and eat a banana in the car :) but the shop lady was so helpful and must have seen the hungry look on my face after driving for 18 plus hours and kindly suggested I try the chickpea curry and basmati rice with hummus and cucumbers on the side which was both gluten free and vegan. Let me tell you, it is delicious. I split it with my four year old who ate more than me! My husband went in to purchase more rice to go with the large serving of chickpea curry we received and she generously gave us a whole side of rice for free which my son is currently devouring. Thanks, 4square! Wonderful service and amazing food.

Pros: Friendly customer service, Welcoming atmosphere , Parking nearby
JohnnyD
JohnnyD

Great Lunches

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

Don't be taken back by the gift shop name. This has a full service café with several vegan options clearly marked and all delicious!

Pros: selection, price, location
Cons: no vegan desserts, charges for tap water

Paula Sargent
Paula Sargent

Fresh and friendly

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2010

We enjoyed a couple sandwich options, soup and salad. The butternut squash soup was the star of our meal that day. The garden side salad and vegetarian tofu wrap had alot of the same ingredients, so I'll get a different salad next time. The service was prompt and friendly and the setting was bright and clean. Glad to have another veggie option.

Pros: Freshly made healthy food, Great location and clean environment, Business hours
Cons: Small salad dressing selection
bhenrich
bhenrich

Great downtown location

3 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2010

I really want to like 4square because it is the only vegan food in downtown Little Rock and right by my usual hotel. The place is immaculate, the people are nice, but the vegan/vegetarian choices are limited to a few uninspired wraps. Beats starving if you're stuck downtown, but I would recommend The House when visiting LR.

Pros: Location, Location, Location
Cons: In a cheesy tourist shop, Limited selection, Average wraps
  • jrryward jrryward

Well, I have to respectfully disagree with you -- maybe it was on off day? (even that I doubt). I was there today and had an awesome wrap with a really cool black lentil cold salad -- really inexpensive and the service is so gracious. Actually I had not been there in about a month since I live elsewhere and the owner remembered me. Any time I have a chance to be in LR I make a point of eating there. What else is there in the whole state of Arkansas, really? My fav.

bevegan
bevegan

Nice Place

5 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2010

4square Gifts is an awesome and first vegetarian deli in Little Rock, AR. We were there with my kids and found the place very nice. Service was great and food was fresh. Love the place. Will visit again. Portobello with Tofu is wonderful and worth trying. I also saw a flier about chick pea curry (india style) with rice.

Pros: Friendly, vegetarian, fun place

Dear Owner and Manager of 4square Gifts: