The first 42°Raw outlet, opened since 2010. Offers contemporary interpretation of plant-based eating without refined sugar or preservatives. Primarily raw food with several cooked dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out
Pilestaede 32 (Stroeget)
Copenhagen, Denmark 1147 K

Open Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm.

First Review by guppiebugs
MitziTant
MitziTant

So good!

5 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

We had the tapas plate (lasagna, thai noodles, sandwich) and a pizza hawaii with salad and everything was amazing! Very fresh and tasty. It's located in hip and rather rich area of CPH and the interior was nice, although it was a little crowded.

Pros: Creative fresh dishes, Lovely Staff, Reasonable prices for raw food
Cons: Only one unisex toilet, Small and crowded
Bergundtal
Bergundtal

Pretty awesome!

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

Very good fresh, raw food. Limited seating, and the available seating rather uncomfortable... But designwise pretty cool. Rather good for takeout or a fast snack.

Pros: Excellent raw food
Cons: Limited seating.
Gudrun
Gudrun

Nice place, good food

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

40 Degrees Raw is a nice little place right in the city center of Copenhagen.

I've been here only once but I would love to come back. I went for a warm dish - a delicious risotto with organic brown rice, mushrooms and white truffle oil and a good fresh juice with beetroot, apple, cucumber and ginger. The raw chocolate cake I had for dessert was good, but not special.

Indeed the place is tiny but they did their best to make use of the space. There are some kind of wooden stairs with seats and tables along one of the walls (creating different levels) and some small high tables with barstools along the windows. Not very cozy, but nice at least for a quick bite. The staff was very friendly, too.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, location
Cons: small
elllllle
elllllle

Good for a break

4 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

I had the Paris juice - strawberry, orange, and ginger; and the coconut and ginger slice. Both were delicious! The staff member was really friendly and I liked the atmosphere. Price was reasonable for Denmark. There weren't many tables and chairs so I can't imagine sitting down for a meal there but it was perfect to stop and snack.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff

JohannaBath
JohannaBath

Fantastic place!

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

Im mostly baking raw, but I was curious about the food as well and thought it would be a good idea to get some inspiration while I was visiting Copenhagen (we dont have that many raw places in Sweden). I love it! It was a bit pricy (about €16 for the tapas plate) but definitely worth it.

Pros: Great food, Good atmosphere
Cons: A little pricy
vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Delicious and amazing

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

A well-deserved 5 stars. This was some of the best vegan food we've had yet. We ordered the tapas plate and the mushroom risotto which were both amazing. The risotto was served warm with truffle oil, and the tapas plate had a selection of 3 different items (avocado 'sandwich', Thai noddles and lasagna).
The cafe is located in a very central part of Copenhagen - definitely don't miss it! They had a huge juice menu and delicious-looking dessert cabinet too.

Pros: Unique seating environment, Delicious food!, Great location
TMcC
TMcC

Slightly pretentious,but good selection of juices

3 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2013

I went here with my boyfriend whilst in Copenhagen. I was very excited to visit this cafe, as I had heard a lot about it. The menu had a good selection of juices, smoothies and snacks. There was something a bit pretentious about this place..also, there is a distinct lack of sitting. I don't think I would rush back in a hurry!

Pros: Good selection of juices, Varied menu
Cons: Lack of seating, Pretentious
cprisacariu
cprisacariu

raw food in the centre pedestrian town

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2013

This is a mostly raw food, so very suited for vegans. It also has some hot dish. Good looking cakes, and teas. Nice decorations and atmosphere. Friendly staff. I strongly recommend this, in that day when you planned to stroll through the small streets of the center of Copenhagen.

Pros: nice staff, good food, nice drinks
cuckooworld
cuckooworld

yes vegan is expensive to make

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

I read that people complain that it is expensive. But making vegan food require more time and effort than simply grilling a burger and putting tomato ketchup from a bottle. It is hard work and that we even have a vegan restaurant is some sort of miracle in the first place.

Pros: everything
Cons: too many people pretending to be healthy
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

raw delight

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

Very good food. Nice atmosphere. A little expensive but then again all food in Denmark seems expensive. We had two entrees, a juice, a smoothie and two cakes and it was 408DK which is about $70.00 Canadian.

Pros: variety , raw
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

delicious raw, healthy food

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

An English menu is posted. Everything is raw vegan. Juices, smoothies, muesli, raw yogurt, hummus, tapas plate, desserts. Coffees and teas available. Raw crackers, vanilla cookies (28 kr), energy balls (32 kr).
I had carrot-strawberry-ginger juice (48 kr) and the tapas plate (128 kr), which consisted of three items on a slate plate: avocado sandwich on raw crackers, lasagna (cashew cream, pesto, thinly sliced zucchini, sunflower seeds on top) and zucchini spaghetti with spicy, creamy sauce (cumin?), topped with green onion slices and black sesame seeds. All was delicious; the sauces scrumptious.
They also sell raw-food cookbooks. The restaurant is located just a block up from the shopping street. Three small tables, stools at the window and benches above the tables. Fast service.

Pros: vegan
CheeseCake
CheeseCake

Too expensive for small portions

2 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

The relationship between quality and price isn't good. My boyfriend and I took a lasagna, a salad, two smoothies and a slice of cake for 330 kr -nearly- total (56 $, 45 euros). The price would not be too high if the portions were so small.
- The lasagna: was made largely of vegetables (like zucchini and eggplant). It was not bad, although the portion was tiny
- The avocado and chili salad: the only order which had a nice portion. The thing that struck me was the topping, which was a subspecies of cheese dusty but fluffy. The flavor was pretty good. The rest of the salad was made of avocado, chili, tomatoes, lettuce and sunflower seeds.
- The smoothies: I think were called 'Barcelona' and 'Stockholm', which contained mango, mint, ginger, apple .. They were good but nothing of special.
- The chocolate cake: very good, but the portion was really small. Each slice costs 49 kr (8.30 $, 6.60 euros).
The place is nice, not very big. Great for those who love the raw food and has the chance to spend more.

Pros: The chocolate cake, The place
Cons: The prices, The portions
Guest
Guest

Great!

5 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2011

I absolutely LOVE the food, especially the lasagne. They don't have a very big dinner menu, only 3 or 4 choices I think, but all delicious. A lot of smoothies and delicious cakes. Young and sweet staff, pleasant city atmosphere. Wonderful location, nice decor. A bit expensive though.

Senkenberg
Senkenberg

Delicious and unusual

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

Sort of stylish snack bar serving a limited, but I thought uniformly excellent selection of vegan main courses and an amazing chocolate cake. Food is all raw but flavours are sophisticated and it is NOT just a salad bar. Vegan "lasagne" and pizza are not lasagne or pizza, and the better for it. Clever and different. Very clean, very central, not much seating but if tables are full you can sit further up the pyramid (you will see what I mean).

Pros: Really tasty, Unusual, Clean
Cons: Limited menu
celeste
celeste

Disappointing

2 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

Maybe it's the old New Yorker in me that has me too spoiled,but even after 4 years of living in Copenhagen,I can never get over just how disappointing much of the Danish veg fare is, and Raw 42 is right up there. To me,it is just a glorified salad bar. I mean,just how often is a salad NOT raw? (I know that there are non-raw salads,but one thinks raw when thinking of salads for a reason). I have tried to make myself go in many times only to find myself leaving while shaking my head. I did eat there once,and was not disappointed with disappointment. I think that anyone who eats here is quite the sucker. Go home,make yourself a salad and save yourself about 89Dkk (almost $18!!) The desserts are meerly OK and the smoothies are anything out of the ordinary. Boring,way expensive and non-surprising. Stay away. [edit by staff]

Pros: OK desserts, In city center so is close to most thing
Cons: Boring, uninteresting, nothing new
rkung
rkung

Nice little treat in the city!

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2011

It's a great place to pop in and grab a quick lunch while in the city. I have had the lasagna twice and have been very pleased each time. I cannot evaluate their other dishes since I have not tried them. Their juices and smoothies are also tasty and they will customize them for you. I have not yet sprung the extra DKK for their desserts, even though they look fantastic. Maybe next time :) I like the modern atmosphere and decor and will certainly go back again.

Pros: Fresh , Tasty, Healthy
ecoman
ecoman

Nice concept cafe

3 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2011

I had a meals here three times, and I like it. Its fast and conseptualized lika a starbucks cafe, and serves OK salads. But the desserts deserves some attention. Good. The restaurant i small and not very personal when it comes to atmosphere. But in total well perfomed and should suit city people.

Pros: fast, tidy
Cons: atmosphere
Care+Adam
Care+Adam

Lunch, Day 6

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2010

Great little raw food restaurant. Neat, modern juice bar vibe with a few tables and wooden steps with pillows to sit on. Best vegan chai latte in the city (using almond milk). They serve only salads and the menu is only in Danish, but the staff was super helpful in translating when asked about the ingredients (all 100% vegan). Adam had the salad featuring cucumber and date, which was pretty frickin' great and a combination of flavors that we never would have expected. Care had a more basic avocado and tomato salad, which was totally good (although she liked Adam's better and since he is a good boyfriend, he let her eat the rest about half way through). We liked the chocolate cake -- rich and pretty divine. Weren't at all dissappointed by the selection or the food! Go vegans. You will like it.

piffelina
piffelina

beware for honey in salads!

4 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2010

first of all, this place is labeled as a vegan restaurant, but has honey in two of their salads (their walnuts are roasted in honey).

also, note that this restaurant is at no. 32, and not 42. it took us ages to find it, since the place is pretty small and the sign is barely visible. it's very close to strøget.

i was a bit disappointed that they only had salads, but still got one. mine had avocado, tomato, parsley, fresh spinach, some kind of tasty wheat and a dressing. even though i didn't think i would be, i was very pleasantly full afterwards.

i also had a piece of "the best chocolate cake in denmark", which frankly i don't really agree on (and it was 48 dkk!). the next time i'm in the area and in the mood for something sweet, i would probably go for the brownie or the banana pancakes.

there's only a few tables, and it's more expensive to eat in than take away, but service is really fast and very nice (unlike copenhagen!).

Pros: good location, friendly service, vegan deserts
Cons: prices a bit steep, only salads, has honey in two salads
guppiebugs
guppiebugs

lot of choice in a small place

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2010

Friendly staffa and lots of food choices. Vegan chocolate"milk" with almond milk and other original food recipies. It is rather small, but the seating is quite creative too. Another veggie reataurant and a small natural food store in the same street.

Pros: food quality, friendly staff, not expensive to danish standards
Cons: not a lot of places to sit, throwaway plates and cutlery

Dear Owner and Manager of 42 Degrees Raw: