CLOSED: 3 Brothers Pizza Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. The original 3 Brothers Pizzeria location. Offers a separate full vegan menu with various vegan pizzas using vegan Daiya cheese in addition to its regular Italian meat menu. Has vegan meats, whole wheat and gluten free pasta and pizza crust, and vegan desserts. The vegan menu was created by the owners' son, Jay, who became a vegan himself and wanted to make the restaurant vegan-friendly. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Pizza, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
212 N Long Beach Rd (Long Island)
Rockville Centre, New York 11570
516-766-3939

Open Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-9pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by veganed
MHC48
MHC48

Go to the RVC branch

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

The Nassau branch of 3 Brothers is by far the better of the two.

I tried the Farmingdale branch first and found the pizza dissappointing. The whole wheat crust was soggy, and the green veggies over cooked. I almost didn't return.

At the Nassau branch a friend and I split a combo Bianca and Margheritta pie and asked for the whole wheat crust pie to be well done and crisp. It was absolutely delicious. the Margheritta was redolent of garlic, with delicous tomato sauce and generous Daiya cheese. The Bianca with its cashew ricotta was a revelation. And the decor was much nicer than Farmingdale too. I plan to go back often and can't wait to come in for the weekend brunch.

Pros: Big, varied menu selection, Not just pizza
Cons: Expect to wait a bit for your food., Not cheap...but worth it.
beetsrock
beetsrock

nice suprise

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

The surprise was that I was just expecting vegan pizza, but upon request, our table was given the "vegan menu" with four pages of creative Italian vegan comfort food. I had the crab cakes appetizer and an large arugula salad. I also sampled the vegan lasagna, oyster mushroom calamari, and rollatini. My dining partners were all impressed with their meals and everyone was too full to sample the death by chocolate vegan dessert. Our server was very friendly and attentive and made good suggestions regarding the menu.

Pros: Italian comfort food, large portions, friendly staff
avlachos82
avlachos82

Nassau County Favorite

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

We go at least once every 2 weeks. Best vegan pizza, pasta, and heroes. The vegan chicken wings are great. We have introduced many friends to vegan food at this restaurant, it makes a great introduction. :)

Pros: Friendly staff, reasonable prices, they deliver for $5
Cons: wish there were more, seating is somewhat limited
ash0482
ash0482

Good for Vegan take-out

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2012

I've tried pretty much everything on the menu and it's all good. I like their BLT pizza though. When I'm having a junk-food craving that's what I go for every time. On a personal note, I like this place better for take-out than eat-in. I find the atmosphere a little depressing..but that's just me,

Pros: good food, lots of choices, friendly staff
Cons: so-so atmosphere
jodibenassi
jodibenassi

You must try it!

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2011

I drove almost 2 hours from the city to try this place and it was all worth it. The menu includes vegan pizza, all traditional Italian entrees and appetizers as vegan, and organic beer. I had a hard time deciding, but chose the veggie pizza with seitan sausage and it was so flavorful and delicious. I'm from california and it beats all of my favorite pizza places in the Bay Area! You gotta try it.

Pros: excellent choices, great food, Good value
Cons: location
veganknight123
veganknight123

so so

2 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2011

I read the reviews about this place and as a vegan had to give it a try. I was not happy. Although the food was good, the prices were ridiculous. I understand a profit needs to be made but the excess they are charging for vegan food compared to regular food is way to high.

For example, regular mozzarella cheese costs wholesale about $5 a pound. Daiya costs wholesale about $7 a pound.

1. A typical NYC pizza is 18" & uses about 12 oz. of cheese. Thus, for a large pie, the cost of making it vegan is about ($7-$5) x 3/4 or $1.50 extra. Thus, for the place to make the same profit, the vegan pie would be $1.50 more.

However here, the regular pie is $13 and a vegan one is $16.

2. Vegan mozzarella sticks are $10 and regular are $6 (for 6 sticks). For the mozzarella sticks you use about 1 pound of cheese for 12-16 sticks. So, for the vegan ones the cost would be about $1 more, but they are charging $4 more.

Although these few dollars seem small when it's multiplied by the number of customers they have it really adds up and in my opinion it adds up to ripping off vegans. A profit is fine, but greed is bad so I won't be going back.

P.S. You can look at other items on their menu and also see how high the vegan items are, even if you factor in the higher cost of the cheese, seitan, etc. but I'm not wasting any more time doing this since it's clear that they are price gouging their vegan consumers.

Pros: good taste, yummy
Cons: pricy, overpriced, small portions
deadlysauce
deadlysauce

Full Vegan Menu!

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2010

Incredible. That said, there is a FULL vegan menu in addition to their non-vegan menu. Pizza of course, with either Daiya or Teese, but also heros, rolls, ziti, lasagna, fetuccini alfredo, MOZZARELLA STICKS, and so much more. They have a copy on their website.

Also, ask about their desserts. All of them are vegan and brought in from Vegan Sweets in Pennsylvania. I had the most amazing Almond Joy cheesecake.

Prices are a bit high, but so worth the occasional splurge!

Pros: great food, huge selection, take-out or eat-in
Cons: a bit pricey, blah tomato sauce
andy42
andy42

great vegan options

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2010

Lucky me.. my parents live a few blocks away and I stumbled upon this place on a recent visit. The vegan menu is the most extensive italian vegan menu I've ever seen. Absolutely blown away. Yes, it's a bit pricy, but us vegans come to expect that. Everything from vegan seitan parm heroes to buffalo wings to mozzarella sticks -- it was awesome. Worth checking out for sure.

Vegan Goddess
Vegan Goddess

Good but overpriced

3 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2010

When I first found this vegan italian place about a year ago it was very good but a little pricey. The food was very good with fake meats and cheeses. Since then I've gone back tons of times. The service is usually slow but the food was very good so I didn't mind and I figured it was ok to pay a little more since it was more complicated dishes like seitan parmigiane. Over these months the place has become more popular and I often see people ordering vegan food. (They also serve dead meat).

Unfortunately, in the last few months they raised their prices way to much. It appears that they've gotten more vegan customers and don't really have any vegan italian food competition on Long Island. Now a little mozzarella stick appetizer is $10. A SMALL pizza which is only 4 slices is around $13. Main entrees are $15-20. A slice of vegan cake is $6. And this is just a pizzeria not a fancy restaurant.

All in all the food is still amazing so I'll give it 3 stars but I won't be going there as much as the prices are just way to high.

Everyone needs to make money but not at the expense of the vegans. Unfortunately until there are more vegan restaurants competing for customers some places will charge to much. Hopefully this will change as more restaurants open up.

All in all, if you don't mind paying to much, the food is VERY good and they have a BIG selection. Also, the main entree size is large.

Pros: taste, quantity, uniqueness
Cons: price, slow service, small
rmark25
rmark25

Full Vegan Menu

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2010

I had a great experience at 3 Brothers Pizzeria today. They do have a traditional meat-based menu..but it's the full Vegan menu that was really great. I ordered the Oyster Mushroom Scampi, the Mozzarella Sticks and the Seitan Marsala. All three were delicious and worth it all. The Mozzarella Sticks were made out Daija Vegan cheese. my 1st experience with it. amazing! Great texture and taste.
I plan on going back soon to try the pizza and maybe the Cashew Ricotta Calzone. the couple next to me were having both and loved it. The people were friendly and the place is not pretentious at all. Prices were fair considering they have no competition and portions were huge. Everything seemed fresh.
The place was such a random location to have great "pizzeria" style fair that is Vegan. It's definitely worth a trip. We have very few authentic Vegan choices here on long island that is not Asian influenced. This is good NY-Italian soul food.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, not pretentious
Cons: ?
veganed
veganed

Awesome pies awesome heros

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2009

My wife and I went out to long island to visit my parents and we picked up a pie and a hero from this place. The guy who owns the place has a vegan son who works there with his dad. They're both really nice and the food is amazing. We got a whole wheat crust pizza with vegan mozzarella and tofu ricotta cheese. We also got a seitan parm hero. They use Daiya and Teese brands of vegan cheese. Daiya is AMAZING for those who have not tried it. They have a big vegan menu from pizza, heros, to rolls. The prices are good too. Check this place out!!!

Pros: Excellent vegan menu, Lots of options, Friendly owner with a vegan son!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: 3 Brothers Pizza Cafe: