24 Scoops and Plates

Brooklyn vegan eatery serving vegan ice cream, vegan food, and protein shakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by tablemoonspoons
VeganGuy63
VeganGuy63

horrible experience

2 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

I walked into this restaurant and there weren't any other customers. The two people behind the counter looked at me and one of them said hello in a very uninterested way and then they both ignored me. I stood there for several minutes waiting for one of them to wait on me but they just ignored me so I walked out. The main reason I came was for the vegan ice cream and it turns out their vegan ice cream is simply the tofutti brand which i can buy in many stores and isn't that special.

Cons: rude service, store bought ice cream
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Very Good Food

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

Very good food at the counter which you can see and choose. They dish it out for you. I had several of the items. This brief review applies to all 3 of the restaurants that I tried - Strictly Vegetarian, Scoops, and Four Seasons. The owners and operators are from the islands, and their food is all very similar.

veg.dan
veg.dan

Great!

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

Cannot believe this place was just down the road and that I didn't find out till my second to last day in Brooklyn. It is just called Scoops and located on the other side of the road to where the map indicates. Food quality is great, very hearty meal. I just managed an ice cream afterwards and it was good also (vegan ice cream). Rasta jamaican style food and although there's only two stools to sit inside, has a great vibe that is essentially what I love about Brooklyn. The owner is a cool dude. Didn't seem very busy; hope he has regulars that keeps business coming in.

Pros: Quality, Hearty
grass root
grass root

Grass Root's Inspiration

5 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2008

The chef at this restaurant is a natural! I have eaten at vegetarian restaurants all over the world and his food is world class. Such great use of flavors and the food always has life. Never greasy and he is immaculate while preparing the food.

Pros: great price, close to trains, awesome food
Cons: too small
tablemoonspoons
tablemoonspoons

awesome vegan ice cream!

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2008

ah, how has no one else review this place?!? its a worth a trip out here on a nice summer day. its a jamaican type of place and i think they usually have some real food prepared too, so get your ice cream and walk over to the nearby park and subway station. i also think there is a some sort of (maybe jamiacan) veg place across the street, maybe go there and have this for dessert, but totally make it out here for a wide variety of vegan ice cream... like pistachio!!! i have not had that for ice cream in like 10 years!!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of 24 Scoops and Plates: