CLOSED: 24 Carrots Juice

Casual cafe serving vegetarian and vegan food. Menu includes black bean burger, spicy veggie burger, house-specialty chai, raw and vegan desserts and cakes, peanut butter and banana smoothie, fresh juices, and more. Wheat free and soy-free options. Free wi-fi, occasional open mic nights. NOV 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, MOVED TO TEMPE. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out
6140 W Chandler Blvd Ste 2
Chandler, Arizona 85226
480-753-4411

Open Sun-Tue 8am-2pm, Wed-Sat 8am-6:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by KHARAMA8
Anna A.
Anna A.

Poor service, food meh

2 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2012

I have been here a few times wanting to support a local veg restaurant, but I'm moving on and will not be looking back any time soon. Every time I have been here they have managed to mess up the order. I think the staff just doesn't want to be there. Breakfast burritos with no tempeh, no dressing/avocado on the sandwiches when the menu specifies those items in the dish. This is extremely disappointing when you have just paid over $10 for something.

Pros: Nice decor
Cons: Not a good value, Orders wrong
2manypuppiez
2manypuppiez

Oh, my stomach!

2 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

Somebody should tell this place that vegan food does not need to taste punishably bad! Furthermore, I have eaten there twice, lunch once and breakfast once, and gotten sick twice. If you go, stick to smoothies!

Pros: smoothies
Cons: bland, sick to stomach, under-staffed
  • Sasha24Carrots Sasha24Carrots

Dear Friend,

I am terribly sorry that you had two unpleasant experiences at 24 Carrots. I wish you had let us know that there was something wrong with the food either time so that I could have looked into it. We make everything, including our dressings, toppings from scratch every single day and through out the day. I am not sure what made you ill, but am terribly sorry that it happened. If you could let me know what you had eaten I would greatly appreciate it. We do have a small kitchen and if you have a food allergen it could have been cross contaminated as we are not an allergen free environment, though we keep separate utensils, etc to help prevent such things. Please do reach out to me as I can assure you I take the highest care in the presentation and quality of the food I serve from source to plate and take any experience to the contrary very seriously. Thanks again, Sasha- 480.753.4411 (store phone number) or 24Carrotsjuice@gmail.com

SkinnyBytes
SkinnyBytes

Good food, lousy service :-(

2 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2012

I was working at my companies Chandler campus, so I checked HappyCow for a nearby restaurant. I gave 24 Carrots a try, and sadly it will likely be my last visit. Overall, the food was good, but the service was unbeleivable lousy; it seems they are just way understaffed.

I ordered the Mediteranean with a water, which the water is self-service and was empty, so the clerk said he would refill it. 15 minutes later it was still empty, so I went to the counter and asked for a water.

There aren't too many tables in the place, so I grabbed one that was open. It was coated with some sticky mess, and none of the other tables looked much better, which makes me question the overall cleanliness of the place.

So, on the way out I decided to try a smoothie to go. I'm handed the smoothy in a cup and then informed they are out of straws, and maybe I could stop next door at Subway and get one. Seriously???

Anyone, the sandwhich was pretty good and the smoothy too, so it's a shame the customer experience is so lousy.

Pros: Good Food
Cons: Lousy Service
KristinMehrnia
KristinMehrnia

Delicious Food made by a Great Chef

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2012

Absolutely loved the food here. I recommend trying any of Chef Sasha's specials. I hear the smoothies are fantastic and will definitely try those next time.

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Friendly staff
cauliflowerpower
cauliflowerpower

Super Yummy Goodness!

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2011

What a wonderful place this is! First of all, let me just say how friendly the staff is, especially the manager. These people are kind, helpful and very knowledgeable about different types of diets and ingredients. The menu is huge and I was able to find many choices. I was also lucky enough to visit during "happy hour" in the afternoon so I enjoyed a 1/2 price delicious juice. They offer wonderful daily specials. I got the stuffed pepper special which was great. The raw sushi rolls are incredible - best I have ever had!!!! The quinoa tabouli is perfection. Lots of dessert choices too. If you are anywhere in the Phoenix area, try to get to 24 Carrots. A winner!

Pros: amazing food, professional website, lovely staff

nsweeney
nsweeney

Yummy

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2010

Was looking for somewhere different to have lunch today and found 24 Carrots on Happy Cow. The reviews raved so I thought I would give it a try. OMG it was absolutely wonderful. Had today's special, vegan mushroom risotto that is served with a salad. Food was wonderful, staff is very friendly and helpful. They post the daily specials on Facebook, already became a fan and just left there 30 minutes ago. I can't wait to try the rest of their menu.

Pros: Good portions, Friendly staff, Varied menu
jlo5616
jlo5616

Great daily specials!

5 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2010

I really enjoyed my recent trek to Chandler and 24 Carrots. They had a great mostly-vegan menu. I started with the Orange Dreamsicle smoothie - orange, banana, strawberry, and vanilla (minus the yogurt to make it vegan). It was unique and very delicious. I couldn't resist the special on the chalkboard for dinner - chili cheese black bean burger with garlic aioli, spinach and red peppers. The black bean burger was hearty, with a big piece of vegan cheddar on top it was just delish. It came with a side salad and chips, which I couldn't finish after the hearty burger. I got the remainder to go along with a piece of mocha chocolate cake which was sooooo good. This restaurant is small and casual but very delicious, and I got to talk with the owner over dinner which was an added bonus. She's going to take 24 Carrots places!

Pros: Organic, Vegan knowledgable, Specials
Cons: Limited seating
Veganfoodie
Veganfoodie

Bliss

5 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2010

I came here with the following request: Please make me something to eat. Simple enough right? wrong! I added: please make it gluten free, soy free, nut free, dairy free and egg free. I was honestly expecting a salad to come out and nothing more, as this is invariably what I've gotten at other restaurants, even vegan/veg ones. My vegan lunch mate was amazed that there was anyone with more restrictions than she had! The owner listened to me and smiled when I told her to just bring me anything. She offered me and my companion a glass of fruit water and then went into the back to get our meal started.

20 mins later food arrived: Hummus with veggie dippers (the best I've ever tasted!), Orange spiced lentil and kale soup, a homemade black bean burger that she cooked and crumbled to make a filling for my corn tortilla soft tacos with a spicy fruit chutney on the side, and dessert!!! my lunch mate had a vegan brownie and I guess she saw me look longingly at it and whipped me up an chocolate vegan GF pudding from scratch. I was floored. I still am. My guest and I both licked our bowls (she a vegan pizza, soup, berry smoothie, brownie). We ate all this together and our total bill was about 40 bucks. Everyone should support this place, if you haven't gone already- go right now!!

Pros: EXCELLENT Homemade Food, Creative Healthy Dishes, THEY LISTEN & CARE!!!
Cons: not open for dinner, need more locations
VeggieMountainman
VeggieMountainman

Mmm...Food.

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2010

this place is ridiculous- everything I've tried isn't just good, it's been awesome. Fresh veggie juices. I walked in today and had a vegan flax meal brownie with raw icecream on top and probably the best raw spring rolls I think I have ever tasted. Friendly staff, chill environment, good eats.

Pros: So tasty I forget it's healthy too, best homemade granola ever- EVER., made brownies healthy
Cons: not open 24/7
KHARAMA8
KHARAMA8

BEST CHILLI

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2010

i LOVE this place! Their Mango smoothie is amazing. service is great. sometimes a little slow but worth the wait!

Pros: healthy veg food, delishous!
Cons: slow sometimes

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: 24 Carrots Juice: