CLOSED: 17th Street Market

Offers selections in organic produce, Asian and ethnic foods, beauty aids, vitamins, books, and more. Saturday free musical performances 11:30-3:30. SHUT DOWN/CLOSED MARCH 2013. more-less

First Review by keevegan
AudreyHarry
AudreyHarry

Fun for bargains

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2012

I heard about this place a few times in passing with no clue what it was. I finally made my way out to the surprisingly close hideaway and it was awesome.
This is a small grocery store with a crazy selection. There are a lot of foreign items not readily available in other stores (European/Asian/South American) and also some fabulous 17th St Market homemade jars of happiness such as jams and butters.
The best deals are in the produce section.

Go wander and you'll find way too much to bring home!

Pros: Selection, Prices, Produce
AlphaBravo
AlphaBravo

Good, if you know what you're looking for!

3 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2010

I don't want to knock this place at all... It's just me!!! I promise.

So I went because I heard that the prices of the produce were really fair and that they offer items that maybe hard to find at other stores. This is true! I thoroughly enjoyed myself while in the refrigerated produce section! In Tucson we need this!!! But once I was done there I felt a little lost. I couldn't really figure out their system of stocking items... So I'll have to go again and will write a better review of the 17th Street Market once I get it together! But what my friends told me was right; they have a great produce selection! O just make sure the person working check out actually puts all of your items in your bags. . .

Pros: Fresh produce, Several options , Locally owned
Cons: Check out may overlook items
keevegan
keevegan

Best food shopping experience! Great place!

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2009

I was visiting friends for two weeks this last summer and at first I was excited to visit the local co-op as I am a purchasing manager for one in Milwaukee, Wi and I love co-ops. I stopped there 2x but I shopped here everyday! Great selection of ethnic foods, tofu, produce, organic and non! Super affordable prices! I didn't find a lot of good food in Tuscon, but we made great meals every night from shopping here! There was even entertainment a few times that I went. Again, if you are looking for anything- this is the place to find it!

Pros: great selection, vegan friendly, great value- cheap!
Cons: hard to find- if your unfamiliar

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: 17th Street Market: