13th Ave Coffee House

Serves meat, veg options available. Small coffee house located in the Cathedral area. Menu includes vegan rice bowls and a vegan caesar salad. There are also sandwiches, veggie burger, salads, and daily soup; has usually vegan cookies. Around 3 items on the menu contain meat. Limited seating. Order at window and food is brought to your table. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
136 13th Ave (Garnet St)
Regina, Saskatchewan S4T 1P2
306-522-3111

Open Tue-Fri 11am-9pm, Sat 11am-8pm.

First Review by goukanomegami
Arf
Arf

So-so food and service

3 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

I had not been to this place in a couple of years at least as the previous management seemed to be quite hostile to their customers, especially vegan ones. Now with a whole new staff, apparently, I found the service to still be on the indifferent side. It's a small place, how hard can it be to have a smile for your customers? The menu is identical to the old one. Lots of rice bowls, their signature veggie burger, and some meat dishes. I wish that they labeled their vegan offerings clearly on the menu, but they don't, so you have to ask. At least they don't put dairy whipped cream on the cake labelled vegan, like the old staff used, and then get mad at you for not stating that you didn't specify no dairy (hello, it's a vegan cake!). Anyhow, my rice bowl was decent if unspectacular. For the $12 price I expected more. Maybe I'm spoiled by having eaten in lots of vegan spots around the US and Canada so my standards are on the high side.

Anyhow, in a pinch it's worth going here, but with other options I likely won't be back for a long time.

Pros: Fresh food
Cons: Indifferent staff, Pricey , Small space
nenni
nenni

Yay!

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2011

I've eaten here numerous times. They probably have the best selection of vegan food in Regina. Service is always friendly and quick, even when it's busy. They once forgot about one of my orders, but they gave me a free cookie and made up my meal quickly. All was well. The only negative thing is it can get a bit crowded. Not that I'm surprised! The food is great.

Pros: lots of vegan selection, friendly, yummy
Cons: crowded
mendicant_crow
mendicant_crow

A Favourite Hangout

4 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2011

I've eaten here many, many times, and never had a bad meal. The current staff are all very knowlegeable about what constitutes vegan food, and are always willing to double-check ingredients in foods for me, such as the buns the burgers are served on. I have never had rude service here. Their Mexicana burger (minus the cheese for me!)makes an amazing comfort-food meal. While the rice bowls are a little more expensive, they usually become two meals for me! Just be aware that it may not be a good idea to try to cram a trip here into your lunch hour- they are packed to the gills around noon and five, and the wait times for food will increase.

Pros: Large portions, Staff knowlegeable about Vegan foods, Wide variety of flavourful choices
Cons: Limited seating in winter, Long wait during peak meal times
goukanomegami
goukanomegami

One of my favorite places in the city!

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2010

I really love it here! I love that you can pair a rice bowl and vegan caesar for $13. My favorite is the Jerusalem Bowl. Parking can be difficult, but all downtown areas are like that. Very delicious!

Pros: delicious, healthy, different
Cons: parking, closed sun and mon :(

Dear Owner and Manager of 13th Ave Coffee House: