Raw food restaurant. Offering live food cuisine such as coconut cerviche, lemon pesto pasta, living lasagna, enchiladas, organic coffee and tea, superfood smoothies, and more. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out
2981 Bristol St Ste B5 (The Camp, Orange County)
Costa Mesa, California 92626
714-754-0718

Open 9am-10pm Mon-Sat, 10am-9pm Sunday, Sunday brunch 10-3.

First Review by stacykaplan
veganbot
veganbot

Worst raw restaurant possibly ever.

2 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

Everything I've eaten here has been less then sub-par. And when I see 5 of the same ingredients on every menu item, it makes me think they can't possibly be sourcing everything locally/seasonally. This was proven to be the case after eating there during different seasons and encountering the same menu. I've also notice that the same 3 sauces compile the menu: a green one, a red one, a white one- suspicious, and not worth the price. I've also noticed their "almond milk" taste nothing like any other almond milk I've ever made or tasted, very watered down.

Pros: looks cool, owner's hot
Cons: same ingredients, less than tasty, non inventive
tanners409
tanners409

Love it!

3 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

I recently dined at 118 Degrees for the first time. I'm vegan, not raw vegan, so I wasn't sure what to expect from a 5-course meal. My expectations were exceeded. I loved everything put in front of me. Chef Jenny is so sweet and likeable, not to mention an A-MAZ-ING raw chef! Can't wait to go again. :)

Pros: service, delicious , menu
kglaguna
kglaguna

An Excellent Choice

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

I've been twice now & have to say I like this place! The staff are friendly & helpful with the menu...they even let me try a spoonful/taste of one dish before ordering to make sure I liked it (little things like that make me a loyal customer :-). The food is tasty & fresh & not pricey for the quality...

Pros: great customer service
Cons: parking
Azbigmike
Azbigmike

disappointed

3 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

I was really looking forward to eating here based on all I heard. The restaurant ambiance is great and the food was fresh and presentation was great but they lacked flavor and spice. The dishes were bland and uneventful. Had the ceviche and enchiladas and a cheesecake and they all lacked some zing

Pros: location
Cons: flavor
RawsomePaul
RawsomePaul

A feast for your senses

5 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2012

I have eaten hear many times. The food is fantastic and delicious and delivered by warm and friendly people. They love to talk about the food and preparation. You can even get cook books written by the owner at the restaurant. It is a dining experience of taste, color, and texture that is reasonably priced. Nice place to take a date and have an adventure. Best Raw food restaurant I've ever eaten at.

Pros: Fantastic Food, Affordable, excellent Service
Cons: None, None, None

Sylvie19
Sylvie19

Not For Me

2 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2012

I was excited to go to this place after I saw that it was voted the number one date spot for vegans in orange county. When I went I was pleased with the ambiance and service until I opened up my menu. Their food was surprisingly expensive ranging from 12 and up for most dishes. I bit the bullet and ordered any way for I was starving and rationalized that the food must be really good for them to still be in business. Unfortunately the food was horrible and the portions where so small that even after finishing every morsel on my plate I had to swing by a fast food place on the way home for I was still starving.

Pros: Ambiance, Service, Location
Cons: Bad food, Expensive, Very small portions
Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Delicious!

4 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

I had the fajitas, quite delicious! Very nice atmosphere, upscale little place. A little pricey, but good food and very clean.

Pros: Great Food, Nice decor, Free parking
Cons: Pricey
lnmagnee
lnmagnee

Rawsome

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

The kitchen was closing when we arrived, so I felt rushed to order. I ordered the Dos Tacos. It was good, but expensive. The food presentation was pretty and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere.

Pros: all vegan, nice atmosphere
Cons: expensive
Chia
Chia

Good place to try Raw food cuisine

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

I've purchase food prepared by this raw restaurant many times at my local health food stores (like Santa Monica Co-op and Whole Foods in Los Angeles area), and I've eaten at the restaurant one time. The food presentation (at the restaurant as well as the packaged items at stores) is very beautiful.

118 Degrees is located in the same plaza as Native Foods restaurant, called The Camp, a trendy hangout and a magnet for young people with disposable income.

While the space is small, the interior is nicely decorated, sophisticated and colorful. It's sit-down with table service.

The menu featured a creative range of offerings, and the prices are reasonable for organic raw food that is labor-intensive to make. A few of the main dishes are a bit pricey.

Definitely a good place to try raw food when in the area.

Rolandmh
Rolandmh

Great raw food

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

Visited 118 Degrees a few years back while visiting CA. So far this is the best raw restaurant I have visited. Great food, nice environment.

Pros: Excellent foof, Healthy cuisine, raw
LacieParker
LacieParker

One of the best restaurants I've ever been to!

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2011

I went here with a huge party. I was the only vegetarian, so my family was a little skeptical. We started off with multiple appetizers, which were gone before we knew it. By the time we finished with the main course, everyone knew that they had underestimated this place. My uncle (who has a gluten-intolerance) was thrilled with the choices of food he could have. My granddad said, "My meals without meat have been few and far between, but this was excellent."

Pros: AMAZING FOOD!, friendly to everyone
Cons: pricey, okay desserts
jepedo
jepedo

nothing cooked above 118 degrees

3 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2010

food was o.k. Flaxseed chips an the Mezza plate was dense, heavy kinda blahh, tasted more like a blan beef jerk than a crisp flaxseed cracker. but the lemon dill tahini sauce that was served with it was delicious. I had the Echilada mole It was great. Usually dishes i get with that cashew cheese seem very highly caloric and the added calories is just not worth it in terms of taste, basically in my experience, cashew cheese usually is nasty, but here it was pretty good, very light and tasty. If you come in here you must try the two bite desert sampler, it came with macaroon cookie- freakin gooddd, think a chocolate truffle, and apple crumb pie slice- just trust me. try it- you deserve it

Pros: friendly staff, sauces
Cons: food on menu maybee hit and miss
onlyahuman
onlyahuman

Raw food never tasted so good!

5 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2010

I have a nut allergy so raw food can be a tricky situation for me. The 118 degrees staff was more than accommodating with my nut allergy making me four amazing dishes in my two visits. My first visit was for lunch and my girlfriend and I got the Lunch special which was only $10 for three courses. I have yet to come across a better way to spend $10, it was all completely delicious! Our next visit was for dinner which also included my aunt from Northern California who works in a raw restaurant. While dinner was a little more pricey, we were all entirely impressed with the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff!

Pros: Amazing Deal for Lunch Special!, Friendly Staff, Amazing Food!
Colby
Colby

• herbivore

Deliciously Raw

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2010

118 Degrees was one of the Vegan restaurants I had the fortune of try during my nine day stay in southern California. I even got to dine there twice! On my first visit, the restaurant was offering a $10 lunch special which included a salad, entrée and bite sized dessert (which is an excellent deal for organic raw food). Everything was delicious, although I thought the salad was a little heavy with all the oil and nuts. During my second stop at 118, I ordered the cucumber salad and a green juice. Unfortunately, they forgot the sprouted quinoa in the salad, but the server generously replaced it with the correct ingredients. He even offered a free bite sized chocolate ganache at the end of the meal! I highly recommend 118 to anyone in the area who wants fresh, healthy vegan food.

Pros: kind staff, tasty food, healthy gourmet cuisine
Cons: expensive
GeorgeR
GeorgeR

Great Menu, Friendly Staff

5 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2009

We've been here four times and have had quite a number of the items on the menu. Almost everything has been really great. The best bet is to get several items from the "Small Plates" menu section to share, or get the Bento box for lunch. This allows you to get several dishes and enjoy the varied flavors. 118 Degrees is one of our favorite restaurants in Orange County.

Pros: Great Food
Cons: Slightly Pricey
aniles5
aniles5

Yummy!

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2009

Eaten here a few times and had great experiences every time. The service was extremely friendly, the atmosphere was very clean and fresh and the food was delicious. The food was a bit pricey, but most raw places are (and let's face it, the whole Irvine general area is always a little more pricey). Will definitely eat here again though! Love that as a mostly raw vegan I have such great options when I actually feel like eating out!

Pros: friendly service, good atmoshpere, delicious food
Cons: price, bit too much oil used, location
RawMatt
RawMatt

• raw

A little bland for my taste

2 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2009

I am just glad to have a place to go out to eat at! This was not my favorite. I found the food to be a little bland and the menu did not agree with my style of eating. Sprouted grain bread, Corn, Rice are not my favorites.

Pros: Hey It's Raw Food!, Clean, Great staff
Cons: Less than vibrant flavors, Less than excellent choice of ingredient
chefjenny118
chefjenny118

• raw

Welcome to the World of 118 Degrees!

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2009

Hello Folks, Chef Jenny from 118 here to say thank you for taking the time to read and post reviews. Our mission at 118 is to empower and educate the community of Orange County, and it's visitors, about the amazing benifts of living foods by serving up delicious living foods in an artful manner and in an inviting atmosphere. All of our food is made fresh daily, from scratch, using the best in local organic produce. We use only a dehydrator to prepare your foods at temperatures under 118 degrees(that's right-we have no stoves, no microwaves, and no ovens in the place!) to maintain the enzymes and vital nutrients in every bite! Some of our most popular items include the mole enchiladas, topaz pizza, stuffed mushrooms, marinated shitake tapas salad, and macadamia coconut curry wraps. Our seasonal menu features tapas style salads and small bites for sharing, an ecclectic collection of entrees and salads, and of course decadent desserts, such as the Chocolate Fudge Brownie (100% guilt-free). We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and on Sunday we offer a special brunch from 10-3 featuring 5 full courses, paired with an organic mimosa, coffee and tea for only $22.00. We hope you'll join us for a bite from our seasonal menu, a sip from our organic wine cellar, and of course some moments of relaxation! May you enjoy vibrant health-
Peace and Blessings
Chef Jenny
jenny@shop118degrees.com
Jenny's class schedule and book "The Art of Raw Living Food" are available online at www.shop118degrees.com

Pros: Fresh, Creative, Healthy
miss-mischief420
miss-mischief420

SOME stuff is great

3 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2009

I would order carefully and with knowledge here. The enchaladas (sp?) were awesome with awesome sauce! The items I had that were not freshly made (especially the appetizers) tasted reheated :<

The pizza swam in sauce. If that's your thing...

I would just ask lots of questions. Luckily, the staff is friendly and knowledgable and did not mind. I will go back!

Pros: location, staff, expensive
Cons: must, know, menu
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Good but not great

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2009

I'm always grateful for raw, organic, vegan restaurants, so that in itself makes this restaurant worth the trip.

FinalTwilight
FinalTwilight

Seen Better

2 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2009

I'm glad raw places are catching on- I've been raw a few years and recently have had the opportunity to eat at a number of raw cafes and restaurants around the country. This is one of my least favorite.

Let me start by listing its positives. The raw drink menu is pretty good, and the desserts are quite good- I suggest the apple pie.

Everything else is a negative. It's too pricey for what you get. EVERY entree I tried- and I tried, the New Mexico Nachos, Spinach Mushroom Crepes, Basil Pasta, Pizza.. probably another dish or two I'm forgetting, but they were ALL terrible. Everything tastes the same- they use flax/coconut crackers or wraps for everything, which might be okay if it had flavor, but it has none. The basil pasta was basically zucchini strips doused in oil... the tiny spot of nut cheese they give you with it is good, but the pasta made me feel sick it was so oily. Same with the pizza- basically a crust with greens doused in oil, again little flavor... so, so gross. The nachos were soggy and also flavorless. Ugh, everything here tastes so bland and boring and often made me sick. There are much better places in the area to get raw food, I do not suggest this place. Try Au Lac.

Pros: Good drink menu, Good desserts
Cons: Bland, tasteless food, Overpriced, Same ingredients in every dish
  • Hugo Hugo

Au Lac in Fountain Valley is Amazing!

brownie
brownie

2 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2009

The space is not comfortable and welcoming, havig a posh set up. The food tastes overwhelming, and made my body feel sick from having too much flavor. The whole experience is not genuine. If you want good raw food and a humble chef, go to Au Lac in Fountain Valley. 118 capitalizes on the raw food revolution.

Pros: people eating greens
Cons: blad or too much, prices, BUSINESS vision
LT
LT

Waitress from H*LL

2 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2008

We dined there last night for the first time, and could not figure out why the blond waitress was so mean to us; we are pleasant people. She would ignore us when we asked for water, but take care of other people that were drinking wine. Later, we finally got her attention when she was 2 feet away at the table next to us, and asked for a to-go box for our leftover entree and a dessert menu - she never brought us those; she just kept taking care of the wine drinkers. We went to the counter and asked for those after waiting 20 minutes; the counter person e-ven-tual-ly brought those and cleared the table. The manager, who was pleasant, eventually brought our dessert, which was a delicious Hazelnut Torte; the main course was so-so. We told him she was rude to us and he said he'd take care of that, and said "Let me bring you some menus to take with you. You should join us for brunch sometime." NOT

Pros: Dessert, vegan
Cons: Poor Service, Waitress from H*LL
Heatherisobel
Heatherisobel

rawnopoly

3 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2008

Pretty good food, lovely staff, and a hip/trendy (if thats your thing) kind of atmosphere but I'm sad to admit that its unfortunate that every time I eat here I feel like I'm submitting to some kind of raw foods monopoly. Although theres great ingredients I feel like if the prices could be lowered their income would increase because more vegans would come wandering in and actually feel able to purchase something for less than an arm and a leg (so they can experiment with being raw)... I'm not complaining about the way things are, Id like it if they kept it that way, I would just love to see some more affordable, and more fun items sort of added to the menu. Being a raw college student I'm aware of the increased cost of my food but I feel like this restaurant extends the value a little beyond what its worth. Give it a try though, I've eaten almost every dish on the menu and my favorite was the pesto pasta and the chocolate banana desert! mmm

Pros: some good dishes, nice staff, raw
Cons: price, too pop-y atmosphere, no "fun" items
vegan4life
vegan4life

Hoping for more

2 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2008

Drove an hour from where we were staying. After reading other reviews we were very excited. The food was either bland or over powering nothing that made us say WOW. Guess we are spoiled up here in Oregon with Blossoming Lotus. Although we had a better raw food experience at Real Food Daily which is NOT a RF restaurant but has offerings.
We told the waitress who then told the owner, who was present the whole time we were there, that we came from Portland, drove an hour from where we were staying to try this restaurant. There was one 2 top and a single diner. And the owner could not seem to come over and thank us for our efforts in trying her place. Yet, we spent $120 here.
I could have understood if she was terribly busy. But as we were eating desert she was just sitting and chatting with one of her staff. I guess we should have been thankful that she started a restaurant for all us little people.
There are far better places, much less pretentious. Cilantro Live, Leaf Cuisine and even the raw offerings at Real Food Daily. Not worth the drive or the extra money.
Especially for someone who is not appreciative of their customers.

Pros: It's raw, It's vegan
Cons: Over-priced, un-friendly, lacking
  • Peacefulveganraw Peacefulveganraw

huh?
    Real Food Daily raw food?????

acharfen
acharfen

Raw Foodists Can't Miss - Anyone Else Will Love It

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2008

This is a masterpiece of a raw food restaurant. I have been to 118 Degrees over 6 times and have been thrilled with the selection each time. I have also been there with non-raw people and they enjoyed it also. Some of the highlights include: raw/vegan creamers for coffee and tea, unique and interesting salad dressings, a full array of smoothies and drinks, incredible selection of soups entrees and salads. You absolutely have to try the Sunday Brunch which for $22 a person includes beverage, and at least 3 (if not 4) courses of raw vegan awesomeness. The desserts are all unreal and you will find yourself coming back for more. This is on the top of our favorites list.

Pros: Awesome Menu, Friendly Staff, Incredible Desserts
jeanieMFT
jeanieMFT

• raw

Best Raw Vegan cuisine we've found!

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2007

Costa Mesa is blessed to have 118 Degrees located at The Camp, right next to South Coast Plaza. Since we discovered this restaurant several weeks ago we have returned multiple times for lunch, dinner, and Sunday Brunch. Unusual for raw cuisine portion sizes are satisfying and ample. Presentation is beautiful - this truly is an upscale, botique type restaurant yet service is relaxed, friendly, and good. Sunday Brunch, the one time we went, was phenomenal - 5 delicious, beautiful, delectible courses. We will be back for sure! Chef Jenny, highly present and accessable, also offers a home delivery 14 day cleansing program and a 10 meal a week delivery program for those of us who need help with food prep. I am going to try both and will write a review afterwards.

Pros: friendly, excellent food, beautiful presentation
Cons: none so far
  • jeanieMFT jeanieMFT

You would only feel that way if you have not been to 118 Degrees to eat. My review was the honest opinion of a customer who was and is delighted by the food, service, and atmosphere of this restaurant. If you go a few times yourself you will see just how present and available Chef Jenny is, and if you go once you will want to go back. Don't judge a restaurant or a review until you have tried the restaurant. We have eaten at Jenny's dozens of times and have always had a stellar experience. Her Sunday brunch continues to be an unbelievable value for any raw foodist.

fancy!
fancy!

Yay!

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2007

the times are a'changing, people! i'm actually starting to enjoy living in the oc now that we have so many great vegan restaurants!

i've been eating about 85% raw lately, making the bulk of my food at home so it's great to be able to go out for a nice meal not having to worry about a thing. it's all organic, raw and vegan!

i've been here 3 times now. Service has been wonderful. They do get busy on friday nights(good for them!) but that does make it take longer to get served. they have excellent specialty cocktails...i had the Pomegranate Sake, yum! they also have a great organic wine list.

So far, everything I've tried (Thai Infusion, Mushroom Crepes, Sampler Platter, Drunken Berries, Enchiladas, chef's daily salad) has been so delicious. I took a non-vegan friend and she fell in love with raw cuisine right in front of me.

I'm so happy!

Pros: Delicious! Inventive!, Nice Presentation!, Friendly Service, Great Arty Atmosphere
Cons: Cafe is too small!
stacykaplan
stacykaplan

• non-vegetarian

Every Dish is a Work of Art!

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2007

Chef Jenny creates a masterpiece of fresh flavors with each dish. I have dined at 118 Degrees five times and cannot wait to go back again. My favorite menu items are: wraps, thai spring rolls appetizer, pesto lemon salad, living lasagne. I did not love the coconut ceviche, but would recommend any other dish on the menu. The service has improved since opening now that the kinks are worked out. What was most impressive was the extensiveness of the menu, which has variations on the dishes for lunch and dinner.

Guest
Guest

Hopeful

3 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2007

Live/work in area and tested it last week. New restaurant in town. Ordered 2 salad items, beet/greens salad and tortilla salad-not sure of the exact names-and they were okay. Decided that it was pricey and I liked Native Foods vegan restaurant better in same center. May try again and order something different because I hate to write it off. Take out was placed in huge brown paper bag, which I declined. Wife's tortilla salad was pretty dry. Both salads came with what looks like bagged lettuce from the store with very little else and seemed overpriced at about $9-10 each.

Pros: location, design, healthy

Dear Owner and Manager of 118 Degrees: