Serves meat, veg options available. Fresh juices, a few raw selections, also a small shop attached selling freshly made sweet breads (not vegan, but ask for "no huevos", "no leche", "no queso" which means "no eggs", "no milk", "no cheese"). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Macrobiotic, Non-veg
Avenida Yaxchilán s/n Centro
Cancun, Mexico
+52-998-884-3617

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by kamdhenu
valentinastrano
valentinastrano

Food Poisoning

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

Today Monday 29th of September 2014, my boyfriend and I (on our first day in Cancun) decided to visit a restaurant after we had found it's recommendation on Happy Cow Website. We are both avid health food lovers, and my boyfriend is a health foods chef specialising in Plant based and raw food. We both work in the hospitality industry and are constantly on the look out for new and favourable places to dine on our travels. We have a lot of experience in dining at many restaurants and eateries and it is a joy to discover what different places around the world to offer. On this instance it was far from a joy that we discovered. After about 20 minutes of consuming my Oasis Juice and Pita Arabe, which is a toasted pita bread filled with hummus, guacamole and salad, my hands and arms started to shake and go numb, I experienced a sever headache and dizziness (be aware that this happened frighteningly quick and my boyfriend was very worried), I then started to feel very severe gastrointestinal pains and cramps and could not move or stand up. My boyfriend sat with me as I calmed my nerves and as soon as I was able to walk we rushed back to our hostel and I immediately took two capsules of activated charcoal followed by a third half an hour later. After a couple of unpleasant visits to the bathroom the symptoms subsided considerably but I still continued to feel quite unwell for hours after. I am writing this the same day as happened so I can not comment on how the day after will be but I hope the activated charcoal will do it's job and I highly recommend it to anyone travelling or who is a frequent "dine-outer" as it can be a miracle rescue remedy in such cases as I have experienced. The meal at this place was very highly priced, the most we have paid so far for a single meal in Mexico. I would not recommend anyone to eat at this place or do so at your own discretion, and be very careful with salad and fresh juice items on the menu.

Eric_
Eric_

Disappointing

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Having visited in 100% Natural in San Cristobal and being extremely satisified with my vegetarian tacos there, I was happy to get this chance to have them again. Unfortunately, this was not the same at all. For one thing, there was much less (not enough) soy meat. Even worse was that the whole thing was tasteless. Frankly, I can get simple vegetables in a tortilla just about anywhere.

The staff were a bit indifferent too, forgetting to give us the wifi password, and giving totally clueluess answers to questions about the city (maybe it was a language problem). One thing hadn't changed from Chiapas though, and that was the horrible beer prices, at more than 40 peso. Incredible! But maybe a way to scare people to more healthy alternatives?

On the way there I saw lots of other restaurants - Indian, Lebanese and of course many Mexican places - so I see no reason to return, if I'd ever find myself in Cancun again.

Pros: Wifi (supposedly)
Cons: Price, both for food and for alcohol
AnonymousTasteTester
AnonymousTasteTester

Just okay...

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

Let me begin by saying I am really happy to know this business is there to provide some natural food for Cancun. But as long-time vegans, I can tell you that this restaurant doesn't REALLY belong on Happy Cow. Very meat-, dairy-, and egg-centered restaurant. Yes, they have a couple options for vegans, but it is NOT in any way shape or form a vegetarian restaurant.

Took the bus from the hotel zone and walked around forever trying to find it. It is quite a few blocks from the main road the buses go down.

Finally found it. Be sure you know Spanish because nobody here speaks English. Our waiter was very nice although we had a very difficult time interacting with him (our fault, of course, since we are in his country!!). In other words, they don't really cater to Americans -- this really seems to be a place made for Mexican people trying to eat a little healthier.

We each had an ice cold beer and split a dish made with rice and broccoli. It was not great, but definitely hit the spot.

Sorry, but we would not go back.

jcjames11
jcjames11

Good healthy food

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2011

Had a very good evening meal here. The Humus and Pitta bread and Mushroom starters were really good. I had the vegetarian Tacco which was amazing and very filling (my partner had chicken). The fresh juice was lovely. Great choice on the menu. Had forgotten Mosquito replant so got bitten.

Pros: healthy cuisine, excellent food, good value
Cons: Mosquitoes
viajandoemily
viajandoemily

100% Wonderful!

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2011

100% was one of the highlights of my trip to Cancun! I'd give it 5 cows if I could (non veg restaurants can only be given 4). Went with my family, all 3 of whom are non-vegetarians that enjoy healthy food with or without meat. We were delighted with the whole meal. The staff was incredibly friendly, and the ambiance of the restaurant was just lovely. We all really loved our food. I ordered tofu-scrable type tacos, with soft tortillas and salad, and it was excellent. They also serve wonderful juice - very fresh, not syrupy at all, and just-baked whole-grain bread, that came with great sauces and peppers. I can't recommend it enough - wish there was a 100% natural in every city!

Pros: SO fresh!, great atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: similar prices to theUS, but so worth it
chamilton
chamilton

Great Option in Cancun

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2011

Excellent restaurant, very well located, excellent ambiance,and very tasty veg friendly food.
They have a very nice backyard covered of plants an trees!! It's a delight to have dinner there.
The menu contain some vegetarian dishes and beverages are fantastic!. Taking in account that in Mexico is not easy to find vegetarian food, 100% natural is a very recommendable option.

Pros: Ambiance, Food Quality, Beverages
Cons: Poor menu
Chris M.
Chris M.

Great Food, Service, and Smoothies!

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2010

Food was great, procuring anything soy in Cancun was near impossible, but their vegan tacos were amazing and fresh tasting! Smoothies with soymilk were super delicious and the waitstaff was super courteous and knew a lot about their food. Great experience!

Pros: Vegan Options, Smoothies, Patio
tressindar
tressindar

Decent food, Expensive and bad service

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2010

It's hard to find veggie food in Mexico and this is a chain that has really delicious tacos and a veggie burger that's good too. But it's more expensive than eating in the United States and the service is questionable.

shaglow
shaglow

YUM

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2008

After a few days of unhealthy, uninspired hotel food, this was a welcome treat for breakfast. The juice menu is both impressive and affordable. We each had gigantic juice drinks that satisfied. I had delicious whole wheat pancakes and my friend had an egg dish. The bread basket they gave us had a cinnamon roll, a muffin and a delicious chocolate filled pastry. I would have loved to come back again for dinner. It's a hike from the hotel district but well worth it. Great ambiance.

Pros: good value, healthy, great food
Cons: location
desnudo1
desnudo1

relax it's mexico

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2008

an oasis in a meat obsessed city. don't forget to ask for the check or you may sit there forever!

jrl16
jrl16

jewel in cancun

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2007

terrific atmosphere. kind of an open air tiki, tropical feel with excellent menu options. the dish the previous poster is referring to is the especial. i ate there twice and everything was wonderful. juices are great too. you have to go here if you're in cancun.

Pros: atmosphere, prices, friendly staff
kamdhenu
kamdhenu

Excellent place for Vegetarians

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2007

We visited this place during 2007 winter break (Feb 18-25). It was a total delight and life saver for us. Food was excellent as was the service and the ambience. Lots of choices. We sampled all the juices on the menu. Everything was totally satisfying. Portions were generous and price very attractive (under $25 for 3 people!). Parking is easily available on the road next to the place. It is across Hotel Xbalamque, convenient for a short stay. Pick up coupons from the hotel and get a 10% discount at 100% Natural.

Dear Owner and Manager of 100% Natural: