I, too, was excited about this place. However, I believe it is over-hyped. While it's nice to see a vegan/veggie option in Panama City, I must say that:
- the food was cold, and we came at around lunch time
- the food generally lacked in flavor, and we got a wide variety of dishes
- the "juices" for 60 cents are actually flavored sugar-waters (traditional Latin American drinks) that are very sweet
- some of the food was fairly greasy or dry
- there is no explanation of what dish is what, no labels, and the staff doesn't even know what's what
- the place did seem quite run-down, but that is true of many places in Panama City
For those who still want to give it a try: it's now closed on Sundays, and opens at 9 am (not 7) on weekdays. There is free parking at the Casinos. It's located on the second floor, adjacent to the Veneto Casino. What you can do is get valet parking for free at the Veneto, walk through the casino, and exit through the side into the mall, and eat. We actually stayed at the casino for a little while after we ate, so that worked out for us. Prices are now 60 cents a portion (not 50), but still VERY inexpensive. Cash only.
Overall, though, I'd say this place is a 'PASS.' I probably won't come back. Too bad.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 11, 2012
Cons: Lacked flavor, cold, greasy, Nothing is labeled