print | close window
Information Provided by HappyCow's Vegetarian Guide (www.HappyCow.net):
Spicy Noodles with Shitake Mushroom and Greens
300 gram rice noodles or mung bean thread noodles
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 green spring onions, cut in small pieces
120 gram shitake mushroom, cut into bite-size pieces
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
2 cup mustard greens with stalks. Stalks cut into small pieces and laves shredded.
2-3 small red Thai chilies or 1-2 serrano chilies, finely chopped
4 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1 tablespoon Asian sweet chili sauce
1/3 cup of fresh mint leaves
1. Bring water to boil then switch off the heat. Add the rice noodles and soak for 15 minutes or until they still have a little bite. If you use bean thread noodles (cellophane noodles), make sure that the water no longer boils. Then add the bean thread noodles and soak for 3-5 minutes.
2. In a large sauce pan or wok, add the 1/3 cup of water with garlic and ginger. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Add vegetable stock and bring back to boil.
3. Add shitake mushroom and chilies – boil for another 3 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, carrots, spring onions, and stalks of mustard greens. Boil for about 3 -4 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low and add mustard green leaves – stew for another 2 minutes. Then remove from heat and add the noodles. Mix everything well and add mint leaves for flavor right before serving.
Number Servings: 4
Time to prepare: 30 mins
recipe contributed by: belsandia
HappyCow is a free site maintained by volunteers. If you appreciate the info provided, please consider making a contribution
(http://www.happycow.net/support.html) to help cover the costs of maintaining it. Thank you & happy eating.
SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU FOUND THIS ON HAPPYCOW!
All Contents Copyright © 1999-2014 HappyCow's Healthy Eating Guide. All rights reserved.