Prep Time:10 mins prep + freeze time
Your Rating:Login to rate this recipe.
IngredientsFresh tropical fruits of choice (recommended fruits papaya, mango, pineapple, and banana or plantain)
1 standard sized can of coconut milk (16 ounces or 1/2 kilogram)
Ice cube tray, popsicle tray, or other small containers
Popsicle sticks or chopsticks (cut chop sticks to desired length)
InstructionsNotes: Use only fresh fruit and not canned or frozen fruit. Do not use coconut water, always use coconut milk (there's a difference!). A blender is recommended over a food processor since the long, deep shape of a blend will make the resulting liquid easier to pour and give you better control over the consistency of the mixture.
1. Peel, core and de-seed fresh fruit. Cut into chunks. Place fruit chunks into a blender.
2. Open can of coconut milk and add to blender contents.
3. Turn on to "chop" initially, and then when mostly chopped, remove lid and stir the liquid to redistribute any remaining chunks. You can use "puree" setting to eliminate any remaining small chunks, or leave a few – your preference.
4. Once desired liquid consistency has been achieved, pour liquid out into freezing tray or containers.
5. Place into freezer, and when liquid begins to set, insert sticks. Allow to fully freeze.
Serve after fully frozen and enjoy!