From Italy to Serbia, Cows happily graze on animal-friendly munchies. Please enjoy this VEG foodies' edition, and share with all your friends who might like to join our growing community!
Our community is powered by caring people from around the world who are dedicated to promoting a healthy, compassionate, and sustainable lifestyle. More than a guide to restaurants and health food stores, HappyCow is your
one-stop resource for everything VEG.
-In Bologna, we learn about the first ever, boxed
vegan organic lasagna kit and show you how it's made.
- We went on to taste Belgrade's street food: vegan baklava and Serbian-style burger on an Indian platter.
- Finally we spoke with two chefs in Prague about veganizing traditional Czech cuisine.
Embracing Vegetarian History
Cow friends at the Ernest Bell Library safekeeps historical literature and books that advocated vegetarianism/veganism. Among its collection are:
- A 1913 story for children titled ‘The Isle of Vegetariana.’
- Information about London vegans meeting in 1856.
- Document on vegan pioneers Cathie and Dugald Semple.
Leather without Killing
Biofabricating meat and leather is a civilized and intelligent way to move past killing animals for hamburgers and handbags.